Just Scraped In

conan

• Member For: 16y 8m 25d

Hi to everyone. I have been a reader in the past, but decided to post after today's results. I have a BF series 2 xr6t with the auto. I am a regular at the Tassie dragway, and punt all my cars down the quarter. The BF stock ran 13.7 at 156km/h with 190rwkw. A generic tune over the net got me 233rwkw and 12.7 @173km/h plus a super street championship. Then last year I decided to bite the bullet and get a proper tune. The generic tune had been in the car for over 100,000km, so time for a change. I put 62lb injectors in it and had the tune done - with an increase to 273rwkw, but only a 12.6 at 179km/h. They also played around with the trans and stuffed the usual good shifts, so I was not happy overall with the result. Anyhow, I won the super street championship again, and remained the fastest xr6t over the quarter in Tas. So I decided last month to go for the next level. That resulted in tcp exhaust (4inch dump and cat, twin 2 1/2 after) , walbro pump, 4spot brembos and another tune. The exhaust is great - deep, a little bit noisier, and flows heaps. The pump is a little bit noisy.

Took it to GTgarage yesterday and picked it up today and was greeted with 303rwkw at 16psi. WOW! The trans is all back to nice as well. I love the feeling now. It feels like a low 12 sec car now, and has all of the nice characteristics at low boost. The dyno also tends to read low: cars with 340rwkw run around 300 at the wheels on this one, so I feel it is more than the actual number.

034.jpg