My Fg - Xr6T 12.3@112Mph - Only Mod Xr8 Snorkel And K&n

johnopaul

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m

Have you had it tuned since these times?

112mph says 270rwkw give or take a little. Most stock xr6t go 108-109, 230rwkw

It is a great 60' but the mph says its got more power

Edited by RynoF6

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 27d

Take it to Ford for warranty work on engine, you'll soon find out if it is tuned, hahaha.

• Member For: 18y 7d

ryno, I know what you mean, 112mph is around what a stock fg f6 runs, but with the quick 60' maybe it allowed it to pick up some mph at the end?

stever, I didnt actually have a lot of warranty work carried out on the car, but nothing engine related, just diff bushes :) interior, pump, leaks, shocks etc etc

ive actually sold that car a little while ago.

When I went to Calder a auto xr with xr8 snorkel could on manage 13.0 @108-109. I would go again and see if you can repeat. I say something is not right (if it's stock). Not about the time, more the mph.

it wasnt a one off, I ran that car at three seperate street meets, best at each one was 12.31 to 12.39@111.7-112mph

I have about 20 time sheets all under 13.0's

as I said, with another fg xr6t I run 13.0@108-109mph, but that was last year in the middle of summer, it was one of the hottest days of the year, it was 42-44 degrees that day, and I hadnt worked out how it stall it up as well back then.

Edited by johnopaul

with a stock zf and fg xr6 turbo the gearbox is changing gears just before or on the finish line, from what ive seen.

with the quicker 60', and more mph to half track, the car changes gear a little sooner and continues to accelerate before crossing the finish line.

heres a question, if it wasnt a stock tune, then the car was tuned by the police. what would have been done? there was no extra boost and still had the cut out when stalling in first.

Edited by johnopaul