My White 50Th G6Et Sleeper

wa g6et

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10d

Once the brakes are done that's it.

I don't want to keep going back for this and that, hopefully I have done it right.

Ha Ha, wish I had a dollar for eveytime I said that to myself.... You'll be back for more... :)

Car looks great! BTW, how do you find the Truetrac?

Ben

• Member For: 13y 3m 24d

Cheers Ben,

Yea yea I know, just trying to convince myself!! No really, the accountant(read partner) and a new house will put an end to any big additions, maybe a ZF tune would be justifiable in a few months.

The Truetrac is smooth and quiet, works a treat add the superpro bushes and still quiet. Bit of a handfull in the wet compared to the std single spinner but stability control steps in to straighten it up. In the dry works a treat, add bushes good shocks and a softer spring(the rear lovells), it launches very nicely, none or at least not noticeable axle tramp.

Enough Chit Chat, make with the Harrops already David ! :)

Are we going to see you on one of our cruises soon???

Harrops going in tomorrow, just dropped her off.

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST OR ADD REPLY

Well the Harrops story just goes on, after delays due to manufactoring issues/transport delays. Harrops supplied my front rotors with the wrong hats. They don't know how it happened, they now have to back,looks like they have wrong specs in their system. They offered to send an Ultimate kit over instead as a free upgrade, unfortunately they don't fit stock wheels, damm!!

Still be another couple weeks now, but I did get a look at the gear on the bench at the workshop. Very nice quality, well made, guess should be for the price.

I'll keep you informed what happens.

Mud splats will be coming off soon, just not using car much at the moment.

Edited by wa g6et

Well it seems Harrops didn't do their R&D on their Monster brake kit. Front 370mm rotors and caliers fit behind my factory 19s, the rear 356mm rotors fit but the calipers don't. I'm a bit peed really as I had rung them before I ordered the G6ET and they assured me the brakes fit behind these wheels, they had done a test fit apparently(crap). In fact I ordered a factory spare and tyre(at obvious Ford high prices) and had them all powder coated. I ordered the brakes at the same time I ordered the car, so this has been a real ordeal now, 3 months on. They have been custom painted in silver with black rotor hats to match my wheels and car.

The latest is Harrops have sourced some replica 19" Dark Argents(5) for me at trade and will do a bit better price on the brake kit with a spare set of pads.

I've come this far but still unsure. What do others think? Worth seeing it thru? Will have to swap my tyres to the Argents and then have the hassle of selling my black factory 19s to recover some of my financial loss.

But I did get the mud flaps off today, those little lugs are a pain in the butt! Needed new ones as they get mangled getting them off. You guys were right, they had already started to mark the paint work. I think I got them off just in time.

Could have used a 15mm wheel spacer and they would have fit. Like as if I'd want to do that.

Anyway if only the rear of the wheel spokes swept away from the centre slightly quicker the brakes would have fitted fine.

But not to be, seen a couple of G6Es with dark argents and look pretty nice especially if lowered. Hopefully works against the winter white and the 50th ann grey accents of the grills/fog lamp surrounds.

• 2 weeks later...

Well I had the dark argents fitted up today. Been looking at them all day and to be honest the colour or silver lip does not suit the white car. Maybe if they were all one colour without the silver lip then I'd be happier, had to actually fit them up and drive around a bit to actually see how they would look. They need to be all black I'm afraid.

So off they come and off to be powder coated satin black, then I will be happy I think.

Got recommended Diamond Powder Coaters in Welshpool, rang them and have been quoted $80 per 19" rim this includes sandblasting, powdercoating and clear topcoat. Pretty reasonable especially with an excellent recommendation by a member on here.

Also to those who are also looking at these replicas just a quick note is the Ford lock nut will not fit as the socket bit will not go into the wheelnut recess. A lot of aftermarket ones will not fit also. Not sure if the FPV lock nut is different to the std Ford one, perhaps someone can let me know.

Looks crap with the agents, just does not suit. So I am after some F6E(GT 5Th Anniversary) 19" as they fit over the brembo premiums.I'll have them done in black as before, they look similar so it will still achieve the look I'm after.

Luckily I have a buyer for the 4 dark agents on my car as soon as I get something else and I can keep the fifth one I bought as a spare.

My original black 19s x5 are still up for sale, if anyone is interested please PM me.