Venom "cat Pipe" Vs "dump/cat" Pipe

Jake F6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 6d

Initially on the FG F6 I removed the centre muffler section, and went with a single straight pipe. I had to take it back to the exhaust place immediately as it was too loud, and I got them to put a hotdog on.

After putting the hotdog on in conjunction with the Venom cat pipe I think it sounds good, and without any drone. P.S. the car makes 327rwkw.

On my previous BA XR6T I removed the centre muffler section, and this sounded very nice without the need for any hotdog, this had the standard cat though and was running 250rwkw.

I say give it a go!

• Member For: 12y 11m 21d

So you recoment the venom cat pipe over the dump back pipe

in my case it would be , stock dump,venom cat pipe in to stock 3inch, center muffler removal then stock twin 2.5 inch back

good choice?

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 6d

I'm not saying that I recommend one over the other, but one is sure a hell of a lot cheaper.

I'm running 327rwkw through the system that you have just described - and could go higher.

In my opinion, yes it is a good choice, but you may definately want to consider a hotdog in the middle section to keep it more civilized.

Jake.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 25d

Yeah don't think hot dog will be too quite, it's pretty much as loud as straight pipes just not raspy and tractorish. It does still sound a bit horrid when it's cold but once it's warmed up it's fine.

By the time you've done this you've spent $700 think if you want more power later on maybe $1200 on a full exhaust now might be worth it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 11d

Im considering something like this. I dont have the cash as yet to go a full system and all the jazz. Thoughts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT4lfukEDBI&feature=fvwrel

Edited by Vitamin D

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 25d

That sounds sh*t, good luck trying to fit extractors on a turbo too..

As far as FG's go if manual replace the center muffler with a hotdog, well worth the money and sounds good (except when cold). If auto catback is the bare minimum for a decent note.

well at the moment im running no mufflers on stock dump and cat, and sounds.great but on cold it is very raspy

No Mufflers? GTFO.

Edited by Dillz
  • Like 1

• Skid Machine
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 3m 27d

I know mines a BA but I've only got the rear muffler and it's loud as sh*t. Can't imagine how loud it would be with the rear one chopped out too.