R35 Gt-R Does A 9.05 Quarter-Mile

Corzza

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 10m 13d

Pazz was just trying to point out that he didn't care less if a GTR is faster than a Ferrari, Lambo etc, as its still a (very) expensive Nissan at the end of the day (zero class/prestige).

As the debate then focused on speed and that a GTR is automatically better because its faster, Pazz rightly suggested if speed is the only criteria then just buy a superbike, and be faster again for just 20K!

I completely agree with Pazz and the fact its a Nissan would stop me buying it for that kind of money.

ps: I think the R35 GTR is an awesome car technically, and agree it would beat nearly any Euro in a race and is a fantastic choice for those who want one!

pps: As every manufacturer has bad models Mic as you suggest, which model in Lambo's range is equivalent to a Tiida or Micra?

Edited by CBXRT

• Banned

A (hardly driven) Porsche GT3, Aston Martin Vantage or Ferrari 360 would do me very nicely for the same money :spoton:

The fact they are slower wouldn't bother me even for a millisecond!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 18d

pps: As every manufacturer has bad models Mic as you suggest, which model in Lambo's range is equivalent to a Tiida or Micra?

lambo do not offer an equivalent to either of those. or do they ?? I dont know mate.

• Banned

LOL Mic, you made the initial point.....ha ha

I think comparing supercars is like trying to compare JHawk to Megan Fox to Beyonce - all stunning, no right answer, each to their own! So I wont do it more LOL :fool:

Brian - are you thinking of getting this GTR package maybe for yours mate?

Edited by CBXRT

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 18d

I never said anyhing about equivalents cb, I said all manufacturers have bad eggs. both lambo and ferrari used to have troubles with badly balanced crankshafts. and lambos used to have oiling issues :icon_ford:

• 4 weeks later...
  • Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 12d

Brian - are you thinking of getting this GTR package maybe for yours mate?

No way, unless I win lotto, plus my wife would probably leave me, which would cost me more than the mods!.

Keeping the car around 400awkw is a very sweet level, and a 10sec package in full street trim.

Current exhaust and tune is great; just need 1st and 2nd to be detuned a bit more (as I can currently get all 4 wheels spinning with launch control), and a bit more boost in mid-range. Great daily driver.

Check out this video

James May tests the Nissan GTR 2012 Launch control - Top Gear.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtrUSa7DexU

Once you go over around 450awkw you may start bending rods, and get into engine/trans rebuilds.... usual stuff.

Just because they are awd you can still get yourself into trouble with big mods.

ref http://www.nagtroc.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=60655

Once you go 1000HP + it would be a struggle to keep grip, and a lot of care would be required.

Just mention GTR and the cost of anything is way higher than we pay for xr6 turbo mods.

Brian

• 4 weeks later...
  • Donkey Dick
  • Member For: 14y 6m 17d

That's why I love them so much, picture some clown in his brand new $400k+ Murcielago or 458 getting destroyed off the line in a 150k datto! spit.gif

It's the ultimate Fark You!

Don't think so. As much as I love 35GTR's, I'd much prefer a murcielago or 458 in the garage.

Still no datsun has beaten me with the bike, $20000 vs $160000. Qtr for my R1,9.95 at 148mph. Don't need to spend $50000 on top of the price of the car to do 9s. It's a farkin nissan anytime any place with one. Come to melbourne with a stock nissan and will even put up $2000 any takers? All you blokes have got to go on is it's speed and handling, more to a car than that. that's why I brought up the bike if it come to that. :finger: And serious with the $2000 bet if any datsun R35 gtr driver is willing. Stock R35 that's is. Will even put my stock pipes on.

Dude, my 33GTR would chop the ass off your bike from a standing start or roll-ons & it has nothing on a heavily modded 35.

Why would someone pit their stock 35 against your bike with pipes, power commanger, gears etc etc? Apples for apples, oranges for oranges, modded for modded imo. A 35 with decent exhaust & a tune would almost eat your bike...