R35 Gt-R Does A 9.05 Quarter-Mile

Corzza

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 12d

You blokes can only base the R35 on it's speed like I can base the R1 on the same thing. We both have our views and we agree not to agree I say. :beerchug: Still take that bet though if any one wants. the end. I can feel a warning coming on.

It's not really like that. It's not speed in the sense of heaps of grunt from say 80kph, because that's about a lot of power or good power to weight.

It's the missile like launch capabilty, then add great stabilty, traction, fast gear changes, great breaking.

It might be a Nissan, but it still turns heads.

Brian

• Member For: 20y 2m 18d

Still no datsun has beaten me with the bike, $20000 vs $160000. Qtr for my R1,9.95 at 148mph. Don't need to spend $50000 on top of the price of the car to do 9s. It's a farkin nissan anytime any place with one. Come to melbourne with a stock nissan and will even put up $2000 any takers? All you blokes have got to go on is it's speed and handling, more to a car than that. that's why I brought up the bike if it come to that. :finger: And serious with the $2000 bet if any datsun R35 gtr driver is willing. Stock R35 that's is. Will even put my stock pipes on.

Don't doubt your crotch rocket is quick, have you actually done a 9.95@148mph on it, or is that just manufacturers claim?

Not only does it depend on how good a rider a person is, I believe it largely depends on the road as well.

Without going into your previous posts for evidence, I'm assuming by your attitude you are an excellent rider? :thumbsup:

Have you actually been in a GTR R35?

They really do handle and perform extremely well given their size.

I've been the passenger in an R35 on a tight twisty bumpy tree lined mountain road, and I would love to see a bike try to go as quick......ah then again maybe not! :strecher:

The GTR has hugely more tyre on road contact and AWD for grip as well as big brakes.

Not doubting that on the right type of road your suicide missile would show the R35 its "stock" tail pipes, but I think on the road I was taken on, you'd meet your match......or your maker!? :beerchug:

Edited by jescam

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 15d

How did this get to bikes vs a car... IMO in any test anywhere in the world they won't be comparing GTR's to bikes, whats the point?

Apples to apples please..

PS I'd rather have a GTR/Datsun 32,33,34,35 over a bike any day of the week..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 1d

Got love what a simple $17300 AUS dollar kit will do to a R35...

SWITZER P800, watch the speed's bottom left of in car monitor...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTm8alJ4bFM

Here's what the kit consist's of...

P800 PKG

800 HP PUMP GAS PKG

Godzilla lives up to its name with a Switzer P800 kit installed. These cars are ready and able to chase down anything on the road, from exotic Italian supercars to the fastest streetbikes around, the Switzer P800 GTR Nissan is the ultimate pump-gas performer - yet remains smooth enough to drive every day.

• SWITZER FUEL INJECTOR KIT

• SWITZER MONSTER INTERCOOLER KIT

• SWITZER UPGRADED TURBOCHARGERS (req's good cores)

• HIGH-PRESSURE WASTEGATE ACTUATORS

• SWITZER P800 CALIBRATION FOR COBB AP

• SWITZER MAF / INTAKE AND FILTER ASSEMBLY

• SWITZER HIGH-FLOW TURBO INTAKES FOR SWITZER MAF

• SWITZER OFF-ROAD TEST PIPES

• SWITZER FUEL SYSTEM UPGRADE

18490 USD

Edited by JETFPV

• Member For: 15y 8m 5d

You blokes can only base the R35 on it's speed like I can base the R1 on the same thing. We both have our views and we agree not to agree I say. :beerchug: Still take that bet though if any one wants. the end. I can feel a warning coming on.

The R35 can out handle many a super car too. Its a real bang for buck car.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 18d

How did this get to bikes vs a car... IMO in any test anywhere in the world they won't be comparing GTR's to bikes, whats the point?

Apples to apples please..

PS I'd rather have a GTR/Datsun 32,33,34,35 over a bike any day of the week..

because he could not give me a professional or technical reason to justify his statement, still waiting pazz. all manufacturers have good and bad models ..... and yes mika I agree apples vs apples.