Ba/bf Sedan Fibreglass Sub Boxes

Guest 1600dave

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 9d

Hi,

Just after peoples opinions on the fibreglass sub boxes that are sold on ebay, that go into either the left or right hand corner of the boot.

I'll be getting a right hand side, as I've got the premium sound.

Whats the volume of them, any limit on the sub's depth? Can anyone recommend a sub that suits the volme/style enclosure that'll work well?

Tried emailing the guy that sells them on ebay but got no response.

Overall, were you happy with it? better/worse than expected? much of an improvment over the factory sub?

Thanks,

Dave

• Member For: 19y 28d

I bought a matching left and right side in grey carpet.

I was quoted that they were approx 30ltrs.

Ive had mine for nearly 12mnths and they are still going strong.

I thought they might not be any good being completely made of fiberglass.

Honestly I cant fault it. It suits my need perfectly, being able to run 2 x 12" subs and having complete access to the boot was exactly what I was after

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 28d

30 liters wont get you much. Yeah sure with 2 subs it will still be loud but no where near what it can do. Im currently building a box to go against the back seats and still getting 60-70 liters and still ported. And yes it is a 12" sub. Once its done I will show you :)

• Donating Members

Definitely be keen to see the box LazyBrennan. Do you have any drawings of it? Built for any particular sub, and whats it tuned for?

Does it mean the carpet/trim on the underside of the parcel shelf needs removal?

I wanted to build something that could be easily removed, and the factory sub left in place and reconnected without much fuss, in case I need the extra space when travelling etc.

Dave

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 28d

Im building for about 50 herts as I listen to metal and a bit of stuff with bass so had it in the middle. First time I have ever done it like this so its a gamble. The carpet is staying it as well. Its comes out about 100-150mm from where the floor drops. Will just slide in and out.

Havnt got a drawing on the computer. It will be made in about 2 weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Im building for about 50 herts as I listen to metal and a bit of stuff with bass so had it in the middle. First time I have ever done it like this so its a gamble. The carpet is staying it as well. Its comes out about 100-150mm from where the floor drops. Will just slide in and out.

Any luck building this yet?

• Member For: 20y 11d

these boxes are VERY thin... Go buy a pot of fibreglass resin and coat the inside of the box till its about 2mm or so thicker.

Done this to a mates, and the bass was so much tighter and dynamic it was clear the box was to flimsy!

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

Any updates on this?