Fg Diff Bush Replacement

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 21d

Well, bush number two has gone to poo :) No furking around this time plus, car is out of warranty. Superpro comforts it is unless somebody tells me they've torn them also.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 21d

Had a look at a mates FGII and they run a different bush. Only 2 voids not 4 like FG1. Not even sure if they are actually voids or go solid.

Still think I'll go the superpro comforts but did think maybe get ford to replace with improved ones which they'd then have to warranty for 12 months. Knowing my luck I'd go a day over and they'd split, lol. Probably not much cheaper anyway. Just don't want increased noise if I can help it so hopefully the comforts will be ok.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 8m 7d

I have superpro comforts fitted to my car and had a noticeable increase in nvh, drives me a bit crazy sometimes. I'm also running an upgraded tailshaft so I think that is contributing to the increased nvh as well.

• 4 months later...
  • Member For: 12y 7m 23d

Bit of a thread revive but I really need some help with this from people that have already experimented.

My F6 rear diff bush is buggered and ford are happy to replace it under warranty before it runs out in a month. I've already spoken to them and they said they'll fit aftermarkets if I buy them :oooh::yeahyeah:

So I've got to pretty quick smart, make my mind up on what's going in there. I've also got a package booked in with Nizpro in a month, so I wanna make sure its sorted before then. From all the reading I've done, the general consensus is go the superpro comforts. When I saw this vid though, I must say it turned me off a little!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lapIsBPm66A

Almost looks like its not installed fully?

My options are:

Superpro (either comfort series or rigid)

Whiteline

Pedders (similar to whiteline design)

CAT600 custom

K-Mac (are the most expensive but are a rose joint design)

I'm not super worried about a bit more NVH than stock, I don't want the diff howling through the booth though if I can help it. I'd like the car to be a quick streeter with around 400rwkw in the end. It is also manual BTW (although I baby it a fair bit) :drivingalong::yeahyeah:

Suggestions from those who have tried some of the above?

Cheers,

Rob

Edited by demon1300

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 6m 19d

I broke a set of super pro comforts within a week in a manual FG XR6T with stock power. I then had the super pro solid, which was noisy. I'd look into the CAT600 bushes mate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 10d

I have the super pro solid bushes in a manual. They are noisy, but do the job well. Dynomat in the boot significantly reduces the noise.

• Member For: 12y 7m 23d

I broke a set of super pro comforts within a week in a manual FG XR6T with stock power. I then had the super pro solid, which was noisy. I'd look into the CAT600 bushes mate.

I've pm'd him but noticed he's not been on here for a while. I don't have enough posts on the ford forums to pm him yet. Reading about them makes me want to try them if I can. Very little NVH with heaps of support

I have the super pro solid bushes in a manual. They are noisy, but do the job well. Dynomat in the boot significantly reduces the noise.

Would you honestly recommend it for a daily driver? I'm anal about vibrations and knocks!