New Gt Engine Gone Already

cranny

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 6d

Pretty much anything the ecu is tapped into can be stored. It must be a certain amount of time or certain conditions that it remembers. The police can get speeds out of them and use that to prove in court you are lying when you say I wasn't speeding.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

I don't think they do time. Or real time. Fault and limiter codes I would say.

I have a data logger on my Duc and it can only handle up to three and a half hours.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 9d

I'm sorry to hear of this and that your Ford Service Department don't want to help you with this situation you have on a NEW FPV.

Maybe a bit of push come to shove and A Current Affair (Channel 9) or any other TV Station to vent out your anger and get some real attention as we all are passionate about our cars and the blue emblem but to hear of such ignorance by Ford or FPV needs this sort of attention.

Edited by fpvbf

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

Cranny,

I would lodge a case under the ACL with your department of fair trading. I have been reading this: http://www.accc.gov....l/itemId/854467

This is the part I liked:

When am I entitled to a remedy?

If your car to meet a consumer guarantee, you may be entitled to a replacement, repair, or refund.

You may not be entitled to a remedy if you:

• simply change your mind or decide you do not like the car
  • damage or use your car in an unreasonable or unintended manner
  • discover you can get a better deal elsewhere (unless the seller guarantees that the goods cannot be purchased more cheaply elsewhere)
  • did not rely upon the seller's advice that the car was not suitable for your requirements
You do not have go to the manufacturer for a remedy unless you purchased the goods directly from them.
Can I choose the remedy I want?
The law makes an important distinction between minor failures to comply with the consumer guarantees and major failures.
Your remedy options depend on whether the problem with your good is:
  • a major failure, or
  • a minor failure.

For minor problems

Minor failures to comply with a consumer guarantee can normally be fixed or resolved in a reasonable amount of time.

In this case, the seller can choose to offer you a refund, replacement or repair. This must be provided free of charge and within a reasonable time depending on the circumstances.

If the seller refuses to fix the problem or takes too long, you may be able to get it fixed by someone else and recover the costs from the seller.

You cannot immediately reject the car and demand a refund - you must give the supplier a chance to fix the problem.

For major problems

Depending on the method of purchasing the car if there is a major failure with the, you can where possible:

• reject it and get a refund
  • reject it and get an identical replacement, or one of similar value if reasonably available, or
  • keep the car and get compensation for the drop in value caused by the problem.

You get to choose, not the seller or manufacturer.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 13d

The key words here are "reasonable amount of time". That's the nice grey one in legal terms. What a customer deems reasonable may differ 'slightly' from a dealer, lol.

Hope it's going well for you Cranny. If not fixed by now, I would be making some serious noise.