Aftermarket Turbo Oil Feed Line

fanatik

• Member For: 13y 7m 5d

I purchased a fg xr6t about 3 months ago. It had 21 000 kms on it and before I had reached 21000 kms my turbo ceased due to the oil filter line being blocked. Ford refused to do it under warranty because they said it was down to poor oil and servicing.. When I got it replaced the mechanic said its a common problem and that I should look at after market oil filter lines..

Just seeing what everyones opinion on them are and if anyone has replaced theirs.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Remove the std turbo filter and fit an earls kit. Try ebay seller fitting 2U. I put this on both our turbos. The factory filter blockage caused 2 turbos to fail on me. One at 1500 ks

• Member For: 16y 7m 20d

If you change your oil regularly,ie every 5,000km,just pull the fitting out of the block and pull the filter out of it. Put the fitting back in and leave it like that. A filter is a filter and if the oil isnt looked after its going to block up no matter what sought of filter you have. I pissed my filter off 3 years ago and alls been sweet.

• Member For: 18y 3m 24d

:stupid:

the aftermarket oil lines will not stop this from happening if service intervals are not adhered to or cheap oil is used, the line kits just place the filter in an easy accessible location so the owner is more likely to clean it

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

I agree with you on the oil change intervals and quality of oil but due to the increased surface area of the aftermarket filter it takes alot greater amount of contamination to block it. If you remove the mesh and replace it every say 10000ks I guarantee you wont have an issue.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 4d

Ford refused to do it under warranty because they said it was down to poor oil and servicing..

can you shed any more light on this?

im guessing it wasnt serviced at a ford dealer?

was it serviced at all and what oil was used?

did you buy the car through a dealer or private?

• Member For: 13y 7m 5d

can you shed any more light on this?

im guessing it wasnt serviced at a ford dealer?

was it serviced at all and what oil was used?

did you buy the car through a dealer or private?

I bought the car from a wholesale dealer. It had been serviced twice 10,000 and 20,000. Although there had not been a 15,000 km service I was assured that when I was buying the car I had a year remaining of new car warranty. When I took the car to ford the stated that it was probably due to = not being serviced at a ford dealer, to much time between services, and poor quality oil.

:( so I now have had it fixed so I also got the turbo hi flowed and other work on it. and since I am no longer worried about keeping my warranty it gets a tune, fuel pump, and injectors this week

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

As long as it was serviced before the 15000k and no more than one year between services they should have given you warranty.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 11d

just make sure the earls kit is for a FG , as they are diffrent even though they say to suit ba-fg .

as I found I needed an extender peice/ fitting off the turbo .