Recommendation For Suspension Workshop In Melbourne

Full Monty

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 19d

My whole car has been from brakes to suspension has been carried out by "Centreline Suspension" in Thomastown

Been dealing with Chris for years, has a very big reputation and will give you honest straight out advise.

His alignments have been spot on, and are done differently to other shops out there.

goodluck

You got that right, I had an alignment done there yesterday and the did no less than 6 laps of the block 1 after each adjustment lol

Reasonably priced too

Another one is true track in nth melb just around the corner from suspension city, I was going to go there but the dude didn't call me back

Edited by andrewd

• Member For: 15y 8m 14d

You got that right, I had an alignment done there yesterday and the did no less than 6 laps of the block 1 after each adjustment lol

Reasonably priced too

Another one is true track in nth melb just around the corner from suspension city, I was going to go there but the dude didn't call me back

+1 for Centreline. Took my car there for an alignment last Saturday after being recommended there by a few people. Had a number of race cars in the work shop when I went.

Like andrewd, he also had my car on the hoist for ages, taking the car for a quick lap around the block after each adjustment. They went to a lot of effort to get a perfect alignment. After chatting to them afterwards, I will definitely be going back there to get my standard bushes replaced. I don't mind paying for quality work, as I know the job will be done properly.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 10d

6 laps? abit much. and a drive after each alignment? maybe they dont trust their equipment when it come to the road.

maybe that check the alignment at WOT :3gears: hahahah

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 9d

+1 for Centreline as well.. Very honest and reliable workshop.

Although they weren't 100% happy that I replaced all my bushes myself when they diagnosed bad bushes during an alignment.

6 laps? abit much. and a drive after each alignment? maybe they dont trust their equipment when it come to the road.

They just like to make sure the alignment is spot on after a real drive and when they get back into the workshop, they confirm the settings stay the same... Or the need to readjust to compensate for bushes and stuff. If they keep have to adjusting, its a good way of telling you something is rooted.

So much unlike 95% of alignment shops that simply roll a car on and off the machine, they do it properly... With string, rulers and dial indicators.. lol

• Member For: 17y 3m 12d

No luck @ suspension city, Damian said they weren't really equipped to do the cradle out job on the rear ends of our falcons. Front end and rear blades he could do no probs.

Nice bloke, and reasonable prices. Got a good price for some rear king springs for the missus new xr5t.

will try centreline now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 12d

So much tighter and responsive, can feel what the tyres are doing now its not a big floppy mess.

Blade bushes were pretty flogged out, deformed and torn, outer spherical joints on the rear upper arm were collapsed, upper inner arm bushes were stuffed also.

So in the end, 'ive replaced the following, at a cost I don't want to add up, but it feels like a new car again:

Front lower control arm bushes Front and rear bush kits

front upper control arm bush kit

front shocks / kings springs 57/520 SL's

rear control blade bushes

rear upper arm inner bushes

rear upper arm outer spherical bushes

rear diff bush (comfort spec super pro)

rear shocks / king springs 68 SSL HD

Now its toight, toight like a tiger!