Zf Fluid

Guest 1600dave

• Member For: 13y 10m 25d

I run GW, it's good stuff. Never had an issue.

As long as u flush the old oil out properly so it hasn't got any contamination with new oil it should be sweet as.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 20d

Its cheap enough to give it a real good flush too. We used about 16l including the refill. Expect to pay $150-$160 for 20l.

Ring or email gulf western for more stockists, their website doesn't list them all, and the main retailers like autobarn are a ripoff.

• Member For: 13y 8m 12d

Thanks guys

Looks like GW is better suited for the ZF.

I'll give it a go in the new year.

Hope the transmax z has'nt caused permanent damage.

My trans feels solid when warm but crazy when cold.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 4d

How did you go with WOT 3rd to 4th?

sorry for the late reply, Held up good mate. Has been tuned again now so I'm waiting for the input shaft or clutch packs to go.

Will be dropping the oil and putting in the mainlube again in the new year, as it was only a change and not a flush.

• Member For: 13y 9m 10d

any recommended workshops around the cbd area (or willing to travel if they can do it while I wait) to do flush + gulf oil?

what are the benefits of going steel pan? structural integrity or does it aid in cooling?

• Throbbing Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 24d

someone correct me if im wrong, but im pretty sure on the plastic pan the filter is part of the pan, so if you want to change the filter you have to change the whole pan $$ whereas on the steel pans the filter is separate and and you can just change it.

got a full flush from pitlane a couple of weeks ago, hasn't missed a beat and wouldn't recommend anyone else.

• Like 1

• Member For: 13y 5m 19d

Yes you are right the plastic pan and filter are a throw away item, The metal pan has a replacable filter. But I am sure I saw a guy who had modified the plastic pan to allow the replaceable filter on here or AFF.

• Member For: 13y 8m 11d

Damn, wish I'd known that. The plastic pan seems to seal a whole lot better due to the rubber gasket and the filter only has to be held up in place. It has a tube that goes up inside the trans. Although I was told the metal pan will dent rather than cracking if it hits something.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 13d

sorry for the late reply, Held up good mate. Has been tuned again now so I'm waiting for the input shaft or clutch packs to go.

Will be dropping the oil and putting in the mainlube again in the new year, as it was only a change and not a flush.

Why are you waiting for something to break? I have no issues with mine around 420rwkw (knocking on wood), don't go too aggressive on the zf tune and you should be fine.

When shifting up gears mine does not bang, it sort of feels like it is being sucked, smooth and crisp into the next gear. Took a couple of goes but now its perfect.