Zf Fluid

Guest 1600dave

• Member For: 13y 8m 12d

The transmission place who serviced my car today told me they use transmax z on the ZFs.

My car felt pretty good driving home, hopefully no dramas and no leaks.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 19d

We've currently got the highest hp zf in a xr6t at the moment & run transmax z & have since the day we built it. Servicing is necassary after heavy use but it takes f all to drop the pan, change the filter & refill with oil. Was starting to slip a touch when max boost & torque came on but at near enough to 900hp it can be forgiven. that's after 15000klm, would have to be over 200 dyno pulls & a full track track so not bad, since serviced it & gonna retry soon.

With the std box we were seein a touch of flare on gear changes, we did a full flush & service & it fixed it also made the gear changes faster & positive.

A mate ran penrite in his at only 300kw & caused the box to flare & carry on on gear changes, we flushed it with transmax z & it was all good & better than new once we got all the other fluid out of the system.

• ʎǝʞuoɯ ɹoıuǝs
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 13d

The transmission place who serviced my car today told me they use transmax z on the ZFs.

My car felt pretty good driving home, hopefully no dramas and no leaks.

did they change the oil a few times to get all the old oil out?

I've heard you have to drain, refill, drain, refill, drain, refill etc for awhile until it gets completely changed.

For those who have done this: how many litres does it take. I want to change to Transmax Z. Is it best to buy 20L?

• Member For: 13y 8m 12d

No they did'nt do a flush, they recon there was no need.

They told me they've done heaps of trans service with transmax z on taxis & private cars with no problems.

• Member For: 16y 7m 20d

Bit the bullet today and dumped the 20 k old transmax z from the typhoon and replaced it with gulf western syntrans atf. Was not completely happy with the feel of the transmax, but this is has made a big difference, shifts are now smooth and very nice. So add my vote for gulf western. Car has 52000 kms, but is running 380 rwkw.