Zf Fluid

Guest 1600dave

• Member For: 15y 1m 6d

That may be true but would you drive your car around without car insurance?

Who's to say that some old fella with bad eyesight isn't going to T-bone you down the road where u're driving? Sure, it will save you money, but WHAT IF something happens?

It's the same thing with different products that are available, if something is CHEAP, or is too good to be true, THERE IS ALWAYS A CATCH :icon_ford:

• Member For: 17y 8d

Got a response from Fuchs, pretty quickly too which was nice for a change.

Kind of what I was expecting them to say...

I got this email from Gulf Western

"The correct product for use in ZF 6 speeds, as fitted to the XR6 T andFord Territories, is Gulf Western Syntrans. This product holds ZF approval".

Ross Tubnor

National Sales Manager

I made a thread asking if anyone has used it and received no replies, altho when I spoke to Ross on the phone he said several Gulf Western employee's Territories and xr6's are running this oil and have been for some time.

• Member For: 17y 8d

it is true, they list it on their website for BF2 XR6T's anyway.

does mention ZF's in the data sheet too

I've just gotten a quote from a mate for $550 for 20L and $330 for steel pan kit, from ZF aus.

Dave

Gulf Western Syntrans is $160 for 20 litres, Something to consider !

• Member For: 15y 1m 6d

Bullsh1t! Just like Penrite they're saying their oil is the best and it works etc etc and what do u know customer complaints coming back to penrite about damaged gearboxes, this is just another one of them folks, don't believe the hype!

Use your logic, how can something that's 1/3 cheaper be better or as good as genuine? think about it :turboboink:

Edited by GinjaNinja

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 20d

I dont think the genuine fluid is the be all and end all, hence why I'm looking at alternatives.

Sure it costs more, but is that just due to the ambiguity of what does and doesn't work, whats approved/isn't etc?

How does the genuine fluid behave once power/torque is raised?

Have trans that have failed, been found that it was in fact the fluid being used, or just assumed? would the genuine stuff have actually made that much

of a difference it would have saved it??

Not trying to start arguments, just after discussion and opinions, experiences etc as there seems to be a few people now

running other fluids besides genuine.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 8d

ginjaninja, that's like ford saying nulon engine oil blew your engine up, but if you used ford approverd engine oil it's ok. so all these blokes running 400rwks+ on this forum in there zf are wrong? most are running transmax in there auto's.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 20d

yep got a email to, gulf western recomend it. but where can you buy it.

When I used to work at Autobarn a few years ago we carried some Gulf Western oils.

So I'd just ring around a few places, Bursons, Rapeco, Autobarn etc, sometimes they dont stock stuff, but can get it in.