Traction Control Probs

rocketdog

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have a bizarre BF-Fairlane tc-anomaly and really need some help with it; running with tc-'On' causes brakes to apply on turn-in to lefthand corner = Car lurches a bit to the right! I figured early-on that switching tc 'Off' at idle gave me straight steering so I never (unless I forget) drive anywhere with tc 'On'. Pretty crazy? Anyone had this happen and how to resolve it? Our mechanic had some advanced software (not Ford-specific) that he thought would isolate error but it made it worse, or so it seems. Before I lose $1K or more at the mercy of Ford I am just hopeful someone else knows who can deal with this.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Banned
  • Banned
  • Member For: 12y 2m 9d

Has it been tuned? does it turn itself off durring wheel spin? if it does the traction control settings might have been changed in the pcm traction works with abs and pcm in the event of wheel spin the abs will attempt to slow the slipping wheel,if it cant it will tell the pcm to torque limit the engine (that's why they sound like there backfiring when the traction cuts in) if the traction table has been modified the torque limiting side won't occour only the abs and when the abs cant stop the wheel spin in turns off the traction and logs a fault code. Can't remember the fault code no but the explaination is torque request unfufilled by ems I think.

Hope this helps

Neil

Had this exact thing happen to me today,will be off to my uncles on Monday to see if any codes are present.