Traction Control Probs

rocketdog

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m

Hi,

ive recently bought a xr6t ba mk2 with a zf box for my wife and we have found that the traction control turns itself off for no aperent reason until the car is turned off and back on again. just wondering if any one might know what is wrong or if anyones had this problem before.

Thanks for havin a look

Edited by rocketdog

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 11m 17d

Has it been tuned? does it turn itself off durring wheel spin? if it does the traction control settings might have been changed in the pcm traction works with abs and pcm in the event of wheel spin the abs will attempt to slow the slipping wheel,if it cant it will tell the pcm to torque limit the engine (that's why they sound like there backfiring when the traction cuts in) if the traction table has been modified the torque limiting side won't occour only the abs and when the abs cant stop the wheel spin in turns off the traction and logs a fault code. Can't remember the fault code no but the explaination is torque request unfufilled by ems I think.

Hope this helps

Neil

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 13d

Had this happen to me with my BA Ghia, cleaned all abs sensors and it went away, came but about a year later, brakes were due, replaced and cleaned sensors again and no probs till I sold the car

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 4m 26d

My bf 2 xr6t sedan the TC light kept coming on while I was driving normally after about 15 mins and would reset if car wad turned off, then come back on again after another 10 or 15 mins of driving. Got it scanned came up wth a steering wheel angle sensor code! Was able to re calibrate the sensor wth the scan tool n delete code, light has been off for about 3 weeks now!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 27d

at least you dont have my problem where the traction control doesnt come on and the lights dont flash or anything like that...

the worst part is it really sporadic so ford cant see anything wrong with it..

in general, the harder I push the car, the longer it takes for the TC to turn on until it just doesnt come on at all...

but sometimes it'll happen first thing in the morning...

in the wet, its atrocious...

its fine for me, but I really have to watch who I let drive the car..

the car is completely stock except for springs to drop the height..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 29d

at least you dont have my problem where the traction control doesnt come on and the lights dont flash or anything like that...

its fine for me, but I really have to watch who I let drive the car..

:stupid: