Leaking Zf

Stazza_Brendan

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 9d

Proper workshops for auto trans have a flush machine that cycles the old fluid out, the other way is to drain fill run empty drain fill run empty and so on till its clean.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 26d

I actually just came on to post this issue with mine. I went away for 2 weeks and car was not driven in that time. I moved it to notice an oil patch in my garage. I got under my car and noticed it was leaking from the same spot as mentioned above. Could not tighten the bolts up any futher with an allen key it just kept slipping. I have since moved my car and it has not leaked for the past 3 days. SHould it sitting there undriven cause this?

Ford Dealer has wiped my gearbox out in the past driving into thier workshop and replaced gasket 30 000k's ago.

Any suggestions?

Sorry to steal your thread also

that's exactly the same as me. I came home after a 2 week trip to only find a large patch of oil coming out the drivers side. Jacked it up today and could only find the sump plug a little loose. Will get some torx bits tomorrow and try them but they all seemed relative tight. At no other point have I ever had any oil in my garage, weird. Yes it does have a after market pan on.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 16d

Since working out of town my car has sat for 5 or 6 days at a time. After tightening pan and leaving it sit no leaks. Just took it for drive and have no leaks. Temps as normal.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 26d

It must be something to do with the sitting of the vehicle and all of the oil leaking to the pan after a pro-long period. Me too, checked it a few times and not one drop.

• Donating Members

Car sat from Sunday till Friday night. Drove it down road last night to get dinner and no leaks. Drive it today to do some shopping and 10 mins after getting home has a 50cent peice sized pool of fluid. Reckon I have a dodgy gasket that weeps after temp cycles cold-hot-cold-hot a bit.

Rang local Ford service and they gave estimate of $320 for a service without pan (which I have got a spare), May book that in next week sometime to get done.

Last thing I needed after having most bits for my tune waiting to go. Better safe then sorry though.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 2d

where did you get the pan mate? is motorspecs still the cheapest?

• Member For: 17y 6m 1d

could possibly be leaking from where the wiring harness enters the case, ford call it a guide sleeve, has '3' totally useless o'rings on it, must be made to leak.

its pretty common, having seen it on many, many cars, and comes from the drivers side of the rear of the box, and can often easily be mistaken for a loose/leaking pan.

bad news is there is a special retaining fork that secures it in please, which is only accesible (of friggin course) by removed the pan. typical

• Donating Members

was first place I checked. totally dry there.

leak was fixed by ford today. cost $316 to put new pan on (I supplied), reuse oil and top off with 1L of genuine fluid ($59.50l). They also flashed latest software onto it. hopefully no more leaks.

• 2 weeks later...