Hoping For 600+Kw And 9Sec 1/4 Mile From My G6E

AtomiCg6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

Never had a problem with my 998GT-R, started 1st go upon installation, gave it a run in tune, I ran it in within a week...

Other than it seeming to run a little hotter than normal for awhile until the k's started getting up there it was mint, but now it's all back to normal temp's, it start's first go everytime and feel's and sound's tuff as nail's, cant wait to really start throwing power into it...

• Like 1

• Member For: 17y 2m 26d

I dont think it would have been running on 5 cylinders at his shop. I have seen the motors run at his shop,I would say a lifter drama when he has shut it down or something.

timing chain tensioner is a little thing that is pushed out by oil pressure a locked out by little teeth which arent really fine enough, so their isnt much you can do about that, the big cams seem to make it a little noisier,

brad will stand by his product unlike a lot of people. trust me mate you have brought the best motor available and you will not be dissapointed

• Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 5m 24d

Yeah I was in there today they gave me a run down on wats happened..

1 of the valves seemed to be getting stuck abit, But that wasnt enough for it to have no comp thou, also the timing chain is pretty noisy, which brad wouldnt of noticed running the car up on the engine dyno with no pipes on it.. Also im puzzled to know how he didnt realise the car was only running on 5 cylinders ?? He said just said send the motor bak all under his cost, and he'll be more then happy to fix it, which me and my mechanic think is the right thing to do, so it doesnt backfire on us, and Brad throws it all on us..

hopefully have it bak by the end of next wk

johnny.

Hey Johnny,

Greetings :beerchug: After careful evaluation of your comments I cant help but being a little confused :innocent: You state clearly that Brad said "He said just said send the motor bak all under his cost, and he'll be more then happy to fix it" and then you go on to the mother of all F/ups "assumption" FYI "so it doesnt backfire on us, and Brad throws it all on us" Initially I thought you may just have used the wrong words in frustration.... This is understandable, however as I continue to read I am perplexed with understanding your actual motives :innocent:

Having the said or mentioned engine sitting around for 4 months in unknown conditions surely didn't help Tiger :spoton:

Please explain your intentions clearly :omg:8) because if you are unhappy with what Brad has suggested, we will gladly go out of our way to please you, in one form or another :bopp: , can you be pleased? Or are you on a witch hunt?

Kindly retract your assumptions or irregular dissatisfaction prompty 8) and publicly 8)

• Member For: 17y 2m 26d

mate your cams already have big duration plus your saying the valve was sticking a bit. im sure that is more than enough to have no compression in a cylinder,

when my vct died with my stage 5 cams and one went to full advance I had very very little comp in all cylinders, near on nothing, if your motor was sitting around for 4 months and didnt get turned over a sticky valve could very well be the problem.

you wont get better service off anyone mate brad is unreal. not many people will stand by their product like him

• 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 3m 11d

I guess you're worried that you've done your dough, but you have to give a bloke a chance to make something right and it sounds like Brad has wanted to do this from the start, so let him do it. It must be a frustrating wait but you're building a custom car essentially man and sh*t goes wrong despite peoples best efforts. Just look at the marvel of engineering that is the space shuttle, all that time, research, experience and scrutiny and things can still go wrong.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 11d

I think johnnys frustration stems more from the wait.

• Link
  • Member For: 20y 3m 29d

If its any consolation it has taken me the best part of 4 years to get the car to where it is today. Big custom builds like this take a long time and believe me are never easy. They cost you twice as much (if not more than you plan to spend) and it is a long process with many pitfalls and perils.

I haven't had much to do with Brad, but his shop is two doors up from TRP who build my car and he runs a very professional outfit. His engines are part of many of the big builds going around today and his customer service is highly regarded.

Best of luck, but I would be making sure to give Brad a chance to sort this out.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 17d

yehh I guess I dont know enough about these things,

I just worrry about the worse outcome, its only coz ive had heaps of bad luck with this car from day 1..

All I think is sweet put the car together turn the key and tune it, specially when its a 50k build u know !!

just abit angry with my mechanic, and seem to take it out on every1 I guess