Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 8d

Watch out... *Beep* is coming at ya! LOL

Mad car! Mad launch...

Posted the vid on all of my Expensive Daewoo mates walls on Facebook so they can see how a taxi does the 1/4!!!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 18d

Hey John, good to hear from you mate - it's been a while. Yep, I am keen as to get behind the wheel. We are trying to get the car to be consistent and run straight so it will be easier for me to get a handle on. There is a big difference from a high 10sec car to an 8 sec one so I will have to build my speed over a handful of meetings. I am just getting all my new safety gear sorted and am then good to go. The car should run well into the 160 mph zone so we should see some good times soon enough. Hope to see you at the track sometime.

Glad to hear you still have your taxi also. They are hard to part with eh!

Yeah its hard to part with the ol'taxi ... the car has provided a lot of fun and has been super reliable but she might be uo for sale soon as it is just sitting around these days collecting dust and my attention has shifted to getting back into some circuit stuff...

You are really getting the ol'girl going these days... well done mate.

• Link
  • Member For: 20y 3m 29d

A big shout out of thanks to Plazmaman in Sydney for sponsoring the car with some new goodies.....

• Plenum
  • Throttlebody
  • Intercooler

Will be good to see if any gains can be made over the previous set-up. Will head back to the dyno this week to touch up the tune before we head up to Jambo on Friday. I cant wait to see how we go at the meeting - the car is just going from strength to strength at the moment and Dom and I are really happy with the progress, especially with the way the car is launching. If we can get a bit more top-end out of it, we will see the numbers continue to improve.

I will have an in-car camera set-up for Jambo so should be good for some good vids.

• Member For: 18y 8m 3d

Good luck up at Jambo man, hope it all comes together for you up there. I never seemed to have much luck whenever we made the trip. I heard the Corolla is making the trip aswell.

• Link

Good luck up at Jambo man, hope it all comes together for you up there. I never seemed to have much luck whenever we made the trip. I heard the Corolla is making the trip aswell.

Thanks Mark - lets hope it pays off. We can only try.

Dom and the boys have been working round the clock to get the corolla back together after the crash. It will come back bigger and better than ever from what I've seen them doing. Should be even more impressive when it hits the track.

When's your beast making a comeback?

• Link

Bad news - Jambo has been cancelled for this weekend.

:banghead: :banghead:

It has been postponed until 1-2 October.

Hopefully we will get a chance to take the car out to WSID sometime soon to get some practice in