Finally Back To The Track - New Pb

IceMyButt

• Link
  • Member For: 20y 3m 29d

Update:

Car went 9.1 @159mph today at a test meeting.

Conditions were slick and overcast.

Dom from TRP has been driving the car and it is blowing the tyres out pretty badly off the launch. Unfortunately I couldn't be there today (driving back from snowboarding trip) but we needed to get the car out to check a few things so the boys took the car out for me.

I have only just got my new ANDRA licence to drive the car so I am looking forward to getting out in it shortly. We would love to have it at Jambo in Qld at the end of August so will see how we go.

Atleast we are making some progress in the car setup - but still a ways to go to get it to hook up the way we need to run into the 8's.

Atleast this gets me into 3rd place on the BA list :beerchug:

Phil

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 18d

Wow Phil... you still have the old girl and it's certainly going stronger than ever !! Congratulations ...

It will certainly be an interesting drive now. Are you going to have a go at the quarter? Just hold the transbrake button, flatten the loud pedal, close your eyes and let go of the button. Should be easy (not!!)

Inspirational stuff, I still have the ol'taxi sitting in the garage collecting dust. Might have to take it out for a few runs.

• Link

Hey John, good to hear from you mate - it's been a while. Yep, I am keen as to get behind the wheel. We are trying to get the car to be consistent and run straight so it will be easier for me to get a handle on. There is a big difference from a high 10sec car to an 8 sec one so I will have to build my speed over a handful of meetings. I am just getting all my new safety gear sorted and am then good to go. The car should run well into the 160 mph zone so we should see some good times soon enough. Hope to see you at the track sometime.

Glad to hear you still have your taxi also. They are hard to part with eh!

• Link

Great work Phil!

Thanks Mick. It will be better when I can get behind the wheel myself. Atleast the car is finally getting there. Hopefully with some suspension tweaks we will dive into the 8's and keep the competition alive :pleasantry:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Link

A photo of how the launches are coming along.

It launches pretty hard but unfortunately there is a transfer of weight that is causing the tyres to blow out. It is something we are working on now for Jambo.

There is also a cool video by rotorg33k on youtube. Link is below and my car is at about the 5.40min mark. Just after that you see Dom roll his corolla at about 180mph which was not cool...

http://www.youtube.com/user/rotorg33k?blend=1&ob=5#p/u/0/7-IK-AxTxe0

post-4360-0-65447200-1311751180_thumb.pn

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 12d

Hi Phil

let us know when you're racing , might come for a look see.:icon_ford:

A bit of fellowship wouldn't go astray either, you still have my number ?

Still got yours for those cold nights :buttonit: