Clutch Master Cylinder

Lynchy

• Member For: 15y 8m 16d

Just ordered a Malwood Opt3+ clutch from Pitlane Performance cant wait to get it and have my car back on the road.

Just something I'm not sure about though I think my clutch master cylinder maybe stuffed as well? I had an Exedy hdcb clutch that only lasted 25,000kms, it started to slip in 4th gear when overtaking.

I continued to drive the car around for about two weeks just babying it and then while driving from the shop about 3 weeks ago while shifting into 3rd gear something snapped, I pulled over and had a look, the plastic end of the pushrod that connects it to the pedal had snapped off and I checked the fluid it was sitting right on the min line (I constantly check all fluids every week so it should have been full) I think a little must have leaked onto the floor mat as there's a slight mark.

Does this mean I need/should replace the clutch master cylinder? or can the plastic bit be brought seperate? the clutch fluid level is still sitting on the min line and hasnt leaked anywhere else from what I can see.

• Member For: 15y 8m 16d

Chances are its screwed so just going a new genuine Ford master cylinder.

Just out of interest, does anyone know if there are any aftermarket clutch master cylinders for ba/bf t56 manuals? none listed in the PBR catalogue (guessing the Ford genuine one is made by them anyway).