Fg Xr6T More Power

lud360

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 9d

Yeah so without it I would just need maybe 1 or 2 pound more to make same power as a similar car with full exhaust? I see what your saying but.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 4m 8d

I prefer the smaller turbo of the fg XR6T for a street car, they drive so much better, But I guess if you want dyno figures or chasing quick 1/4 times you need more power so will require a larger turbo, but you will loose power down low, The small turbo can push one of these cars into the 11's full weight,

Work out what you want from the car and go from there.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 24d

I guess Dillz it depends on the 'big plan'. F6mark's car for example, is making 322rwkw at 15psi with a totally stock zorst - including cat. An F6 obviously, so bigger turbo, however the car has only had a cooler swap and tune. It will make more and do it easier with a better exhaust - then his injectors will be maxed, it will need a flapper mod and on it goes. So again it gets back to proper planning and knowing where you want to pull it up. Together with my tuner, I've made a decision to do nothing with the zorst. For me, never planning to upgrade the turbo, I don't see the benefit for my level of tune but of course I respect where Ratter is coming from.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 9d

If you want your engine and turbo to have as little stress as possible placed on it then you're better off doing the cat.

Do dump and cat if you don't want to cut your exhaust up. Sure it costs a little more, but would you rather save a few dollars while adding unnecessary stress to the engine and turbo or spend a little more and make your target with ease?

• Donating Members

I prefer the smaller turbo of the fg XR6T for a street car, they drive so much better...

Couldn't agree more Mick. People do seem to dismiss the little turbo without thinking about the lovely bottom end they lose by going bigger. The lag some of these dyno queens have is rediculous - they would be ordinary to drive on the street.

Edited by bomber

• Donating Members

If you want your engine and turbo to have as little stress as possible placed on it then you're better off doing the cat.

Do dump and cat if you don't want to cut your exhaust up. Sure it costs a little more, but would you rather save a few dollars while adding unnecessary stress to the engine and turbo or spend a little more and make your target with ease?

good call.