Fg Xr6T More Power

lud360

• Member For: 13y 11m

HEY GUYS DOES ANYONE RECOMMEND NEXT MODS FOR ME I HAVE A 2009 FG XR6T AUTO UTE WITH CES 3.5 TURBO BACK EXHAUST 60LB INJECTORS SS GROWLER AIRBOX AND HERROD PIPE KIT WITH FLASH TUNER, HAS MADE 301RWKW WITH THESE MODS IM LOOKING FOR NEXT STAGE WHAT DO YOU THINK I SHOULD DO NEXT AND WHAT ROUGHLY SHOULD I EXPECT IN POWER.. THANKS

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 9d

Bigger cooler and that's about it, then ya turbo will probably be at it's max at around 320/330.

• A much better forum
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 2m 12d

Upgrade your cooler. Once you have... Turbo will be maxed out... You can then either port the housing and get a little but more... Or just upgrade to an F6 turbo and go for 400 rwkw with a surge tank...

• Member For: 18y 4m 8d

porting the turbo does not give anymore power, it allows boost control, a stronger actuator will allow more boost, but neither of these mods will allow for the small compressor wheel to flow more than it's limits

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 24d

yep, cooler mate. Side issue, but it seems other than noise, you just don't get 'bang for buck' doing a full zorst with the small turbo. Have seen a few examples of late and I'm happy that I've decided to do a cooler instead of. I wouldn't bother really unless upgrading the turbo but obviously doing both together would ensure you max the small turbo, as I'll probably fall about 25-30rwkw ish short of that. I guess it gets back to planning your mods so you don't 'double dip' the wallet.

Edited by bomber

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 9d

Yeah see I'm stuck on this too atm, I'm just thinkin do cat and center muffler for like $400 or full 3.5 inch for like $1300. Do I really need to spend that extra 900 if I'm just going for 320?