Driveline CLUNK

bluedragon

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 11m 21d

maybe your jack or spare tyre is loose. I once had a knock and thought it was the exhaust but it was a loose jack. A short drive in the car with someone experienced with these cars should solve the problem. Nothing is unsolvable

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• flame magnet
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

I didnt know you could get the parts required for a btr to be unbreakable.... if it were true he'd have plenty of takers! :sold:

• miso xr6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 9d

Hey mate, try this, jack your car up on all fours, tourqe down every bolt to spec that's got to do with your drive line, an example would be your tailshaft bolts that are connected to the diff, there are 6 of them, the tourqe spec on them are 77nm, this shall give you an improvement.

• Member For: 13y 11m 26d

Hey mate, try this, jack your car up on all fours, tourqe down every bolt to spec that's got to do with your drive line, an example would be your tailshaft bolts that are connected to the diff, there are 6 of them, the tourqe spec on them are 77nm, this shall give you an improvement.

hmm now that sounds like good advice, thank you

maybe your jack or spare tyre is loose. I once had a knock and thought it was the exhaust but it was a loose jack. A short drive in the car with someone experienced with these cars should solve the problem. Nothing is unsolvable

I had to use my jack just recently when I blew my 20" $700 rear rim and tyre on a pothole , so I know the jack is in properly and the spare just fits in the donut hole so that's not moving either but hey, anything is possible I guess

6k for unbreakable 4 speed? Never heard of one of those. Sounds like someone is in the deepest portion of a REM cycle.

preston automatics and differentials ... in melbourne.. ownners name is Andrew .. really down to earth decent bloke . he himself owns an xr6t and so does his work collegue, cant get better than that. for $6000 , they say if you break it, you get a new one . some of his rebuilt auto 4spds in BA xr6t's are hitting 9's in the quater mile.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m

The exhaust could hit if your engine is twisting that much with the rev increase of a lower gear, but youd probably also have a buggered engine mount if it twisted that much.

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8d

No, I dont think that it is the Engine mount as there is no mention of low rev vibration in drive at idle.

I would start with getting the swivle type Blade Bushes checked, these tend to Clunk when worn.

Put your car in nutural with the hand brake on and rock the car back and forwards to see, or car in nutural on slight hill and roll back slow and pull hand brake on and off while holding button.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 22d

preston automatics and differentials ... in melbourne.. ownners name is Andrew .. really down to earth decent bloke . he himself owns an xr6t and so does his work collegue, cant get better than that. for $6000 , they say if you break it, you get a new one . some of his rebuilt auto 4spds in BA xr6t's are hitting 9's in the quater mile.

:roflmbo:

Been there, done that... 3 times. :censored::bangcomputer:

I think it's the auto.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 23d

4 speeds auto hitting 9's theres only one that I know of, could you enlighten us as to what cars these are. Also these autos are breakable, as is any transmission put into any car. The BTR4spds suffer as there is not enough clamp pressure when u get up into the high horsepower figures.

• Member For: 13y 11m 26d

The exhaust could hit if your engine is twisting that much with the rev increase of a lower gear, but youd probably also have a buggered engine mount if it twisted that much.

there is no low rev vibration .. I already had that problem , it was a broken engine mount, and it got fixed, but it had no effect on the mystery clunk noise

No, I dont think that it is the Engine mount as there is no mention of low rev vibration in drive at idle.

I would start with getting the swivle type Blade Bushes checked, these tend to Clunk when worn.

Put your car in nutural with the hand brake on and rock the car back and forwards to see, or car in nutural on slight hill and roll back slow and pull hand brake on and off while holding button.

yep your right I have no low rev engine vibration so its not an engine mount, actually had that replaced a while ago , but ill try your advice out . thx mate