Remsa Pads

alpha

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 25d

Given your brembos - QFM A1RM's. They had no squeal also and much lower dust than the Remsas. Stopped better too. Bit dead cold though and work the rotors a bit but again, with your brembos, your brakes aren't working as hard as my poor little 2 piston jobs. I'd give them a go mate.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 1m 15d

If these Remsa's are not hard on the rotors and they are obviously working well than im not too phased on the dust.

• Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 28d

I threw a set of Remsa pads onto my G6ET about a week ago now along with some DBA 4000 T3's all round and while they do an excellent job of pulling the car up, the dust they produce is crazy. I would rate the Ford OEM pads as about a 3/10 for dust but these things are at least a 7/10 maybe even an 8/10. Mine also make a creaking/groaning noise when they are cold and I'm moving slowly or the last metre when coming to a stop at traffic lights but this might be them still bedding in or more the rotors fault.

Great price @ $158 for front and rears from GSL Rally Sport/Brakes Direct but I think I'll see how they go and if the dust drives me insane I'll throw some Ferodo Performance pads in and see how they go. I'd also love to see how a set of the DBA 4000 T3's along with a new set of Factory pads would go for street duties.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

Lots have been said about the dust and they finally got the better of me today so out they came.

I got thinking before I fitted the QFM A1RM's back in, how can I do a test? So, it aint very scientific people but check out my clip :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 28d

Creaking noise is now gone for me but the dust is starting to irritate me like Bomber. I think in a couple of weeks I'll be swapping them out for something else cause I'm one of those people that wash his car every few days to keep it looking nice. Probably the Ferodo's or even stock pads since the DBA's will have improved performance plenty enough for the street.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 27d

Creaking noise is now gone for me but the dust is starting to irritate me like Bomber. I think in a couple of weeks I'll be swapping them out for something else cause I'm one of those people that wash his car every few days to keep it looking nice. Probably the Ferodo's or even stock pads since the DBA's will have improved performance plenty enough for the street.

Mate don't go back to stock pads, I had to when I destroyed my ebc reds at the track and I hate it.. should be sorting it out shortly though.. but yeah massive difference going back to stock pads after having good ones in!

• Donating Members

^^^ The A1RM's are pretty dead when stone cold but after a couple of stops all good. They don't have as nicer allround feel as the Remsa however, hot they bite much harder. And yes, about 1/4 of the dust. Even then it's not that horrible dirty brown dust so you hardly notice it.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 25d

I know its not a Falcon, but recently put new discs, and EBC reds on my GTS. Squeal was a pain initially, but a quick trip to Adelaide via the back road thru the hills fixed that. Very pleased with the setup now. Still dust, but not over the top.

Just put Bendix GCT pads in my BA ute when I fitted the PBR brakes. Havent done enough yet to comment.