• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 26d

post-2586-0-80095200-1302323842_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-54185700-1302323868_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-92178100-1302323887_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-33630500-1302323912_thumb.jp

post-2586-0-29544100-1302323941_thumb.jp

Well I have had the GT 355 POO5 that was garciously lent to me by FPV for 8 days. I've had the car for 5 days and have been using it mainly for around Melbourne traffic driving, stop start annoyance, and finally got to take it out on the open road today. I have to say that for point to point high speed and around town suppleness my modified BF R Spec would eat it, but it is immediately obvious that that is not what the 335 is designed for once the road opens up and you can actually drive the car, my impressions are as follows.

1. The exhaust note is awesome and is much enhanced by the whirr of the super charger.

2. The acceleration is incredible and linear especially in sport mode.

3. The finish inside is much better than the BF and the seats are more comfortable

4. 6/4 spot Brembos are excellent

5. Everybody gawks and an HSV driver gave me the fingers

6. I would give the car 6/10 around town and 9/10 on the open raod as it really does need some decent shocks and springs.

7. Bearing in mind that this car has been a press car since day 1 and that Jeremy Clarkson has burned a set of tyres off it, it is obvious that they are up to a good hammering, with 9000klm on it this particular car has no diff noise, and no thumps, bangs or clunks, so the build quality is there. I can only imagine what one would be like with top quality suspension, an intercooler, and a flash tune.

Would I buy one? Yes definately, althouigh not in purple they are a fantastic machine and would be an incredible car for loing distance open road driving which is exactly what they were designed to do. I will now attempt to load up some photos. :icon_ford:

Edited by hypnodoc

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 29d

All I'm seeing is it was an average car that sounded ok, isn't that the stigma the GT was trying to get away from? lol

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members

All I'm seeing is it was an average car that sounded ok, isn't that the stigma the GT was trying to get away from? lol

:dontknow: C'Mon Dillz, they are a bit better than that but for the money it is disapointing that the handling isn't sharper and better. However a good driver would have few issues if a poofteenth of second didn't make too much difference. I'm not too up myself to admit that although I like fast cars it doesn't mean I'm a good driver. At the end of the day the GT 355 is still a reworked Ford Falcon and for the money they want they (FPV) could have made them a bit more refined. Still a bloody great car though.

Edited by hypnodoc

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 29d

Yeah Doc I was just saying that was the vibe I got from your review, good.. even really good but not great. They will never interest me cause I'm a Turbo six man always have and always will be but you can't deny the potential these kits have.

• 2 weeks later...
  • ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 15d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

Hey Rick, sorry mate the note is, wellll,..... average. :nono: Definately needs a Manta system. :spoton:

Handling in the Mystic 335 I drove (and leasing) was bloody brilliant, showed 'Slugboy' how a smart driver drives, he liked cruising through Dwellingup too. :innocent:

Can't wait to get it to Simon's too. :bowdown:

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members

Hey Mate, how are ya, if by the gist of your post you have got one, good on you mate. I think they have a bit of room for improvement in the handling and music dept and an intercooler would work wonders. A Manta would make it growl nicley and free it up, they pick up a lot of Kw just from exhaust and a flash. Lucky Ba$tard :turboboink:

• ....Time to lay this fairytale aside......
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 7m 15d
  • Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet!

Hi Rick,

Nah not yet but pick it up on May 2nd as this one is being leased and buggered if I'm paying for a whole month and only enjoying the beast for 10 days. :nono:

I know the sound system is not a top of the range B&W system but bloody awesome compared to the BA's, yeah, Lanes let me drive a GS ute with the manta cat back system on it and the note was heaps better, quieter than the BA but good enough, and more subtle. :innocent:

Noticed Simon got a 330rwkw out of a stock Fg with no tune so the prospects are very promising.

Drop us an email when you are back in the West and we can get together for a java or two.