• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 21d

He's probably still out driving! Can't say I blame him either.

Nice ride mate, congrats! I've been stewing on getting myself one the last few months... all this talk about the Series 2 machines has put it on hold though. Any ideas when the series II will be released?

Cheers

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 25d

I must say all this talk about the New GT's becoming collectors items or appreciating in value makes me laugh.... :roflmbo:

I totally agree. im a ford man through and through but the GT heritage die back in the 70's. I dont think there will ever be another car being ford, holden, chev, dodge etc etc that will that increase in value. with all the aftermarket performace parts, turning and power figures around these days it will just never happen.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 15y 8m 18d

So its been more than a month, what mods have you done and how much POWER is it making now.

Oops.. sorry for the lack of updates. Simply put, no mods yet. Only just clocked 2,500 on her and after the first service, might head down to Adelaide on the next holiday break. I'm thinking it won't be for another few months to come before I start modding the GT.

What would you guys recommend? I want to go safe on this one and practically start with an intercooler. We're getting good weather up here at the moment for running her - low 10's during the evening, and sub 10's during the night, damn does that supercharger whine in good weather!! ;) However, hot days hit 40 degrees, so I'm thinking, the more boost I run, the more problems I'll get.

At the moment, from what I notice, giving her the boot puts the boost bar just past half way - so around 8psi peak is my evaluation. If so, what would be a safe tune? Any other modifications within about the $5k mark?

• Member For: 21y 1m 15d

I'm certainly no expert on the new GT but from research and seeing what's been done so far not a lot is needed to net big gains. If it was me I'd probably look at an intercooler setup and tune for starters. If using the KPM gear that will be a little over the $5k mark once an Xcal and custom tune is done. Then maybe an exhaust and bigger rubber for the rear down the track.

Benny

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 9d

Lee at RDP in Brisbane is the man I'd be seeking advice from. He has plumbed a water-to-air cooler which looks factory , x-force zorst, and has just recently up the boost to 10psi. Car now makes a lazy 571rwhp. It has run 11.50 @ 121mph :spoton:

Edited by bomber