Zf Gearbox Servicing In Brisbane Area

GinjaNinja

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 13y 11m 6d

Any trans shop should be able to do it for you. The cost will depend on if you want genuine liquid gold put back in or something else. I rang around and The Box Stop at Underwood seemed reasonable, they use Nulon Full Syth ATF. I ended up just getting some and get a mate to do it at his workshop. It's not rocket science but there is a proceedure. There's a link/file on here somewhere.

Also note from what I have gathered unless you ask for it (and it cost's $'s more) most will just change the fluid and pan etc (or replace with metal & filter if that's your choice). If you want a full flush ask as the few I rang said unless the fulid looks mank they don't bother.

Might be a messy job doing it at home but possible. Do some googling, I found a thread on a BMW forum where a guy didn't one at home, had complete instructions etc etc.

• Member For: 15y 25d

Ahhhh Spoony thanks for the advice champ. So which ATF so far do u think fits best for the Ford ZF :icon_ford: I'd be looking for a flush though if I were to put a totally different fluid in there, too much mixing going on there :pleasantry:

Most workshops in Brizzy just can't be trusted, that's why I NEED to ask for sincere and solid suggestions because in the end I only want what's best for my car. How much are they charging for the nulon fluid anyway may I ask?

C'mon folks more suggestions please, remember this isn't just for me but for folks in SEQ area that needs to keep their XR6T's on the road.

I'm sure folks here don't want to be outnumbered by HSV's....