Intercooler Piping Help

plaine

• Member For: 13y 11m 16d

Ok I need a bit of help,I just bought a second hand cooler and piping kit but its missing a few joiners, are the sizes mentioned the right ones??

comes with 2 silicone joiners, but will need another 3 silicone reducers. 2x2.5"-3" for either side of the intercooler and 1x2"-2.5" for the turbo to the pipe.(not 100% sure with sizes)

missing 6 clamps for the silicone hoses

what exactly do I need??

cheers

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7d

You didn't give out any information about the type of cooler or the size of the piped it uses. How can anyone be helpful when there are so many brands and options out there?

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5d

My kit was missing some joiners too and I just used duct tape.

If you have the pipes and cooler there just measure the OD of the pipes and this will tell you what size joiners you need to buy. The turbo hot side outlet is either 2" or 2.25".

ahh I didnt realise that.. sorry

its just a stock fg intercooler and hdi kit, I have a xr50 ute with the sh*t pastic end cap cooler on it and I got this and the piping kit for $308 so I figured it was a pretty good deal until I get a proper cooler

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 3d

The perks of buying 2nd hand gear.....Maybe if you describe what the problem is IE: cold side pipe work not joining, hot side etc...The more specific you are the better idea people have of what you have done..The pics are pretty ordinary so can t expect to much help if we cant see or understand where your at...:dontknow:

yea it was dark in the basement carpark, I have the hot side all sorted,just need a silicone elbow to complete it but on the other side it just seems there is no chance it is ever going to line up without cutting a massive amount out of the hole for the piping. I think I made a mistake buying a second hand kit,im not chasing much power so I didnt want to go buy a proper cooler but after this fiasco I think im just gonna go buy a PW stage 2 cooler kit..

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 6m 3d

You spent enough coin on your ride may as well spend the money on a decent cooler, then if you want to up the power later you have a cooler that can handle it..save buying a 2nd cooler...if you can take a better pic in the day light might help..