Fg F6 Tuning Concerns

YOZ-F6

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 3d

My lowly BF XR6T ran up 317rwkw/425rwhp @15 PSI when tuned by Simon at XFT - good for a PB of 11.94 full street trim with a lazy 60'. Mods: Full exhaust (only 2x2.5"), Nizpro cooler, 42lb injectors and intank pump upgrade.

Get a cooler on and it'll unleash with a proper tune.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10d

FG F6 270rwhp standard ???? :omg: Sure it wasn't 270rwkw?

Mine ran 387rwhp standard, then jump to 432rwhp with just a tune and PW cooler..

Something doesn't seem right here, as others have said get a new tuner..

Ben

• Donating Members

Then go back, take the blokes for a ride and show em what a proper tune does to the car :)

• Donating Members

lol :) Ah the rivalry is sweet sometimes.

• Member For: 16y 23d

YOZ - I'd be babying that F6 around until you have a cooler sorted! Go have a chat with Simon im sure he would be more than happy to give ya 5-10 mins of advice for what to do when you have your funds sorted.

I paid top dollar for my F6 new, definitely researched what I was doing and where to take it before I played with mine. Like I said before, hope yours gets sorted.. and you can enjoy some more power when its tuned correctly

• Member For: 14y 1m 18d

Yeh theres definitly something going wrong with this car. ever since I got it there have been a few issues with it, brakes, stereo, and now the heart and soul of the monster is giving me troubles..but I'm gonna soldier on!

I'm def gonna take it to simon when I get some time, I'm sick of hearing all these results people are getting from mods and I'm not seeing the same. its annoying really cause I paid substantially for the upgrades! although grenville did say that there were some issues with the actuator, even before they started, cause it wasn't running how he thought, even the guy at Park ford said that it might be a "funny" motor, these things happen, and every motor is different. just wanna get to the bottom of this..

as for the Expensive Daewoo tuner, yeh I'm never taking it back to them again, I wasn't happy that it was there in the first place, its more location than anything is why they chose that tuner? but I'm pretty sure xspeed is round there somewhere too? anyway, I'll go to simon, and see if he can fix...DOH!! I just know what he's gonna say too.. "shoulda brought it here first!" haha!

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 16d

"I'd personally start by punching whoever told you you need an exhaust before a cooler in the face..." Harsh, but spot on actually! You didn't need the exhaust and you don't need an upgraded intake either really. The standard cooler is sh*t. That's where the money should've gone. The turbo mod and all the rest is again, unnecessary.

I went to a dyno day at RDP yeterday and F6Marks's FG made 441rwhp. It was around 30 deg also. His car has a tune, XR8 airbox, PW cooler and pipe kit and that's all she wrote. I think I heard him mention that it runs around 15psi. The motor is still a baby also with under 10k on it. So unfortunately mate, you got bad advice and service from dicks that don't know these cars and how to tune them.

The good thing is that when you do get someone that knows their sh*t, the upgrades you have will provide benefit. It's frustrating mate and I feel for you. All the best. Cheers, Bomber.