Fg Xr6T Power Expectations

lud360

• Member For: 13y 11m

Hey guys made 301 rwkw today car pulls hard but doesnt really light the tyres like I thought it would with that power, does turning traction control off help with this any thoughts or am I just dreaming as my 350rwkw V8 does it quite easily..

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 15d

It would have been tuned progressively, to bring boost on later on the revs to aid traction. Throwing a heap of boost in early will fry the tyres but won't make the car quicker. When your at the drags 1st is over in a few seconds, then your only using the rev range from say 4000-6000, so no point throwing all the boost in at 2000rpm. Then again, I have 303 and can easily light up 1st 2nd and 3rd, bit it's manual, a ute, and nearly rigid.

• Member For: 13y 11m

LOL @ does turning traction control off help.

Dude...dont be trying to do burnouts with TC on.

buddy im new to these cars, I have an old valiant at home which runs 10.65 @ 126mph with 350rwkw so any time you want to line up your BA with mine im happy to do so, I was just comparing feelings between both cars.. the valiant has 325 MT street radials on the rear and turns them quite easily the fg has standard 17's on the rear but does break traction at around the 50m mark..

• 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 3m 15d

They also tune them progressively to help your gearbox live mate. 301 is a good figure. I got cained by a mate with 304 ish cause mine just sat there making screeching noises, and I didn't even stall her up like he did, it's farken useless on the street. His is a much more sensible package for sure. Depends what your after I suppose. Your val has higher static compression ratio, which means torque is available sooner and the car is lighter too. The turbo controls compression ratio in the FG, the CR rises with boost so at about 50m your on like a hobo on an old pizza box.

Edited by Rhino1980

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 24d

car has ces 3.5 turbo back system, flash tune 60lb injectors ss growler cai and herrod pipe kit..

I'd throw a cooler and a dump pipe on her and you should see at least a 30 - 40 rwkw gain!

• G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 19d

anyway bugger the turbo

I wanna see the val

what model and whats the combo?

even back when I had an ap5 pb auto, I put in an electronic dizzy advanced the timing ran it on optimax, standard slant stock motor single barrel carby just had extractors 2" exhaust, basically a stock million mille slant that cost me $200 (got ripped off as it was fill of water just sitting uncovered)

anyway that'd spin the tyres off the line in the dry when you floored it!! it was awesome, but no match for the mild 265 I had in my VF hardtop at the time, floor it and that baked the tyres off the line and that was nearly stock, went hard for what it was..