Useless Dealerships

howesy

• Member For: 13y 11m 14d

My local - closest to me Ford Dealer has guy at the spares desk that`s one of those glassy eyed train spotter type parts managers called Doug who is just frickin` deadly. If it exists, he knows it.

The next one is a big Dealer and FPV hot spot, I`ve bought 2 cars there and I get my Typhoon wheel aligns there. They`re open till midnight ( repairs ) and it suits me to drop the Typhoon off there after work and collect it next afternoon.

The Service Manager does the wheel alignment to my taste so that's where it goes.

There are half decent Dealerships and there`s always Basil Fawlty Fawd like another place not terribly far from me.

Luck of the draw if you have one close.

Edited by _John_

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 11d

I bought my G6ET from Q Ford in Springwood (South Brisbane) the first week in December. Yesterday, I received a phone call from one of their service managers asking if I was happy with the car and if there were any problems. It is the first time in forty years that a dealer has contacted me after the sale to check and see if I am satisfied with a vehicle.

I haven't had to return the car for any warranty work (hope I don't jinx myself), so I cannot comment on their service department, but I will give them a + for that phone call.

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 15d

I've purchased 3 new cars in the last 3 years and to be honest I've always gotten a call from someone to see how things are going. usually they try and call to tie it in with the 1st service. I have found the service department staff to be nice at ford but the sales people can be a bit shifty..

I purchased from bayford epping and the salesman tried to sell me a car for a "discounted" price of 69k even though the car was advertised on carsales for 58k!! I purchased there but only as there were no other black cars around at the time!

• Donating Members

"but the sales people can be a bit shifty"..

Sales people are usually working on salary + commission. They have mouths to feed just like the rest of us. Can't really blame them can you? You have to play the game and get the best deal you can. They are "masters of the game", so beware.

Edited by SAG

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 15d

agreed but to think anyone would slap 70 odd thousand hard earned on a car without doing some homework is just ridiculous.

• Donating Members

Like I said before in another thread, "a fool and their money are easily parted". The smart buyer does a bit of research and knows what the bottom line is.

Edited by SAG

• Member For: 17y 7m 2d

Big car dealers will always have these problems..My brother was an apprentice at a Ford Centre and told me there was probably 1 guy who knew his stuff properly. The rest were either apprentices or "senior" mechanics who just want to finish a car as quick as possible. Staff Turn over rate was also quick so you will never have the same mechanic working on your car. Although some will bother with some or -little care towards the car being worked on ,at the end of the day it's not their pride and joy. ....as mentioned earlier..luck of the draw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 27d

Yep... Took my f6 back to the dealer for a service after I first bought it and the dumb asses filled the battery all the way to the top of the caps when it was cold... So by the time I got home and the battery got warm it overflowed acid everywhere... There is barely any paint left under the battery box and the acid also ate away at the fittings and wiring to the drivers side headlight... Not happy... A ford mechanic will never touch my car again... Ya better off doing your own servicing IMO...

• All round good guy!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 26d

While I agree with you 100% are they going to fix it?

I have told this story before but this is releavent. I asked the Service Manager to have the guys remove the in line turbo oil filter. He told me there was only the engine oil filter. There was no in line filter for the oil for the turbo.

THAT was the service manager.

I think you know what people call it Fraud, not Ford.