Hoon Laws

r8 eater

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 30d

Well said R8 eater. I am all for protecting our population but we are slowing killing our way of life. Is any one of the examples of changes given by R8 eater a major issue in itself? probably not, but the combination of these and the many other laws and regulations the government is creating/imposing that invades every part of our lives is very sad and is having a dramatic effect.

Invariably, these laws a brought about by politicians and goverments wanting to be seen to be doing something even if it is of no real benefit and only catches out those that are not a problem in the first place. How many hoons are really getting caught in speed camera's? Not many, its mostly mums and dads cruising at a few kays over the limit that are getting caught.

My cousin (female 46 yrs old and never had any problems with the law) lost her licence for six months from November 2010. She must be a hoon right? she was caught twice doing 86 & 87 in an 80 zone (lane cove tunnel which is a brand new perfectly sealed road) for which she lost 3 points for each offence 2yrs 9months ago. She then lost 3 points a year ago for doing 15km's over on the freeway to canberra to make her sons graduation from the airforce cadets (she admits she deserved that ticket) losing 3 points, then was booked doing 56 in a 50km zone again losing 3 points and losing her licence.

In November she drove her car to the local shop thinking that her suspension started later that month when she was pulled over by a police car in her driveway. When she asked why she was pulled over, they said that they did a random check on her rego and found that the owner was unlicenced. They were going to do a "notebook arrest" and issue her with a fine and no doubt she would have had a court appearance and lengthy suspension. The policeman then took the time to ask why she lost her licence and why she was driving, she told the truth, he checked and he let her go. This man is a legend. He took the initiative to make a judgement call... this woman is not a menace, she has been driving for 30 yrs, with 3 of her 4 offences being minor and she was truthful so he let her go. But she still cant drive for 6 months and now needs family and friends to drive her to and from work as there is no real public transport options.

So, this is a long winded way to say that we are becoming over regulated with little benefit to those the laws are designed to protect however there are numerous victims being those that are caught in the trap created by the regulations. There is little sense applied to these regulations with there being little training on the implementation of the laws, too often its just a hard line taken, often forced by quotas imposed on those told to police these laws and regulations.

The frustrating thing is that when one of these laws/regulations is found to not work, it is never repealed, just left there for eternity to catch people out long after the regulation was found to be useless. This is why they need to be stopped before its put in force.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 13y 10m

Yeah before you know it everybody will be walking and there will be thousands and thousands of holding yards filled with dusty motor veHicles...

just had a thought,

some of you guys should spread the word. get the HSV boys involved organize a rally for the middle of the city

it would be fantastic if you could get a 1000 cars all gather at parliament house on a sunday oh man what a sight that would make an impact lmao

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 24d

Read an article a few years ago about accidents and injury etc.

As you all know if you are 17-24 you have a lot of accidents etc.

What age group is the most dangerous PER KM DRIVEN ?

It is not the 17- 24 age group.

Try 75 up.

How many times have you heard of :

a little old lady running over her husband because she can not turn her head or use her mirrors

A old timer who drives through a shop because they don't know the accelerator from the brake

another who takes out an acquaintance of mine because she can not see 10 motor bikes in a 80 zone all with lights on

or sits on 75K in a 100K zone frustrating other drivers to the point of danger.

Yes, the kids have more accidents - there are more of them and they spend more time on the road.

But they are not the most dangerous age group.

Easy revenue.

• Member For: 17y 8m 13d

DOT would have a field day along with ego hungry cops provoking people so it gets messy and out of hand.

Next ACA reports hoons plot a attack on parliament house.

Such a hard one, it could work if the point gets accross.

Everyone make banners up referring that gov does not care for lifes or it would do driver Ed for new drivers instead putting money in there back pockets etc.

Need to get media on side not offside.

Need to nominate a spokesperson to lead negotiations.

Good if we can get a celebrity, maybe hit up Eric Banner as he is well known and a car nut like us.

This country is going to the dogs, can't even discipline your children, and the police can't help when they get to that wonderful teens where they won't listen to you and do as they please because they know worst could happen is they get spoken to. While us parents sit at home waiting for that dreaded call that they have been harmed.

Your cars to noisy, your car looks to shinny, your wheels are to big, your undies don't match.

Just so hate this society the pollies have created.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 25d

Proportionatly, how many people get seriously hurt on the Nurburgring every year? (bear in mind it's people who are normally going pretty quick)

The fact that they aren't being run off the road by people in Volvos with a fluffy poodle on their lap probably helps. Nail those buggers I say.

A good way is to increase the fines/points for speed cameras BUT... put a big sign up saying 'camera ahead'. That way the drivers who pay attention can brake (as long as they aren't going stupidly fast), the drivers with their heads up their arse get done. Once they lose their licence (wouldn't take long) make them go thru an advanced driver training course which will cost them somewhere north of $3000, just so they don't forget.

Some days I'd love to be a cop. I'd come down heavy on all the right lane kombi drivers doing 70 on the freeways with 'save the planet' stickers on their windows.

• Member For: 13y 10m

Probably end up with another Bob Jane incident happening.

yes, adam I was thinking with an old head on my shoulders again .a nice peaceful demonstration

bad bad idea after all, we certainly don't want another bob jane incident.

thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten that one.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 1d

Good idea but will never happen, we gotta work the jacks on this. XRT's don't have that bad a name at the moment but as they get cheaper and more fully sick muzzas start trading their Vl's in for BA XRT's we're gonna cop more attention.

Enjoy the free run while it lasts I say.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Better off trying the civil libertarian groups. Surely there are a few old QC's with nothing better to do than eat lunch at the club.

The jacks hands are tied. They don't make the law they enforce it. They are brain washed in to thinking like the gov does or they just don't survive the job.

There is just too much money involved. Hundreds upon hundreds of millions each year in each state. The Feds know that they are ripping us off and pretty much getting caught with their hands in the till. So we get this blatant propaganda regime to put in even more speed camera's. Like "look at these out of control kids" Camera's will fix that..... But they don't. They don't stop hoons. they don't stop someone who wants to speed. Someone who wants to drink drive. They just make the Fed heads more and more money. Crushing the cars is just crap. It's a diversion for their cameras. It's them making out that the hoons are taking over. It's an excuse for more blatant penny pinching with their remote cash cows.

As stated before only one car has been crushed. Think it was an absolute Tyrone in SA.

I and every other trainer in the country has been trying for as long as I know to get The Gov to listen to reason about driver ed. So that's at least the last fifteen years by about a thousand trainers.

I use to have to go to state Parliament every month I was a rep of the driver training industry watch group. . And every month my report would say the same thing. And every month a bean head would nod his head and say this is great. It's in the works. The ministers ear. BULLsh*t.

Driver ed. Would not cost the gov jack shoite. It would pave the way for us to have better tracks, more places to learn and enjoy our SPORT and hobby. And a much lower road toll. In the end it would save the Gov money.

But it would never make them money and that's why they wont do it.

The media wont back us. Good news does not sell. They are just as big a parasite as the Federal government. Even worse ... they are the scum of the earth. Bombard your local TV and radio stations. It's not hard and takes five minutes of your time. They like the Gov are meant to be the voice of the people.

Edited by XR09

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 13d

Good idea but will never happen, we gotta work the jacks on this. XRT's don't have that bad a name at the moment but as they get cheaper and more fully sick muzzas start trading their Vl's in for BA XRT's we're gonna cop more attention.

Enjoy the free run while it lasts I say.

That happened about 3 years ago.

Dont make me requote it.... :buttonit: