Cat Or No Cat...

LukesF6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 27d

Hi guys... Just wondering if anyone out there has either removed or hollowed out their cat... Power wise does this make much difference... I got an xforce exhaust and the 200cell cat is flanged at each end so Im thinking bout making up a straight through pipe for drags, dyno days, etc... Anyone got any info on this...? Cheers...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d

Yep, I have the xforce single 3.5in and had a local exhaust guru make me up the straight through pipe with the flanges for $100 fitted. I have since had the car semi tuned with the cat still out and I would like to think it flows better, how much I do not know but if someone wants to throw money at me for two dyno runs and change of cat (cat is only 10min job anyway, unless your on ramps then a near broken eye socket came my way!lol) I will gladly run my car up and see.

Mine is a 03 BA Auto.

Another thing to replace if you haven't read it on here is the rear muffler to a single straight through as the twin tip is restrictive and was 2-3psi on my car worth of restriction.

Either way I'd say no cat as the noise is marginally different and no one would ever know unless crawling on the ground!

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 2m 18d

just get a race 100cell cat. they flow 500+rwkw.

otherwise you will fail EVERY EPA emissions test you go to and possible risk of a 10,000$ fine for running no CAT.

But yes, you get big advantages with a hollow cat/hiflow cat.

• Donating Members

Already have removed rear muffler and replaced it with a straight through pipe and made 8-10kw more...

I won't be driving on the road with no cat and I'm pretty sure that u need 200cell to stay legal...

I just wanna straight through pipe that I can bolt in and out for events and the like...

Would it require a retune though...?

• Donating Members

just get a race 100cell cat. they flow 500+rwkw.

otherwise you will fail EVERY EPA emissions test you go to and possible risk of a 10,000$ fine for running no CAT.

But yes, you get big advantages with a hollow cat/hiflow cat.

Holy sh*t 10k... Didnt know the fine was that hefty...

• Banned
  • Member For: 15y 2m 18d

I had a hollow cat when I got the BA EPA and I passed with deka 60's, AVO intercooler kit, and I had to swap my hollow cat with a 100cell VENOM cat of ebay. It passed after I ONLY swapped the cat. I still run the VENOM now.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 17d

You would need to check whether the AFRs have changed or not. Generally the loss of that small bit of back pressure would mean you should.