The Alice Springs To Sydney Nightmare

• Member For: 15y 8m 14d
Yep he did so my spare brand new donk is sitting in a workshop on the middle of Innisfail right now probably shivering and scared out of its cams as to what the big scary noise and shaking is!

That GOLD good luck hope it all go well

steve

Edited by HID XR

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 7m 5d

OK so I picked up the cylinder head today and wow it looks awesome.

They did a full service on it and a couple of little mods as well.

They cleaned up all sharp edges on the hot side including rounding off the 2 sharp lips that are only on the FG's the BA/BF's don't have these. Apparently the they closed up the head near to the inlet valves in the FG to give them a little bit more comp, but in doing this they created some nasty sharp edges which as you know can create hot spots. So they not only ground down and rounded these lips but they also did a nice rounding of the whole round edge.

While on the bench I had them throw in some 90lbs valve springs and the head can now take 30+lbs off boost should I ever want to throw that at it.

Oh and they also did a nice skim 8 thou for me as well so when she meets Mr Bottom end and Mr Head gasket it will be nice and flush!

They also supplied me with some 12mm Hex ARP Head Studs as well as there seems to be a national shortage of these things at the moment. They had to source them from a shelf in Brisbane as both Rocket and Fabre were completely out.

Pics below:

g52kQ.jpg

KtfQO.jpg

4OJD9.jpg

aFZzF.jpg

• Donating Members

Block came back from machine shop today with a 20 thou bore and hone and a slight hair cut (decking) so officially the build starts tomorrow!

Mrxbl.jpg

xSBP8.jpg

• Donating Members

Yes I believe so mate!

PW Surge tank , loom and 044 arrived yesterday too so we now I have all the fruit we need!

Be interesting to see how much power we can get out of the ported and flapper modded STD FG XR6 Turbo!

Edited by RHR
Over quoting

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 5d

Keep it mate - you'll probably need it :roflmbo: Hope it all goes well - please tell me you're fitting billet oil pump gears?