ryn89

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 13y 10m 17d

Haha...I dont think so

Kev

Oh o.k sorry about that then, however, your surge tanks and UB cold air intakes are identical designs. Can this be explained? So maybe you guys were making them for Plazmaman then? So Alex wasn't selling you the first range of UB cold air intakes? Do you guys also have a large CNC and in house aluminium mandrel bender or is that Plazmamans facility in Wetherill Park? Sorry about the questions but if I've received misleading information it'd be good if you could clear it up for me.

• Member For: 13y 10m 17d

RYN89 sorry if I have slightly digressed with my above questions to PW and hope this doesn't discourage you buying any of their gear because I have only heard good things about them and their products/service are also proven on this forum. I just wanted to clear up some things I have heard on the Grapevine. So Kev please don't take my post the wrong way either. :spoton:

• Member For: 18y 3m 29d

Oh o.k sorry about that then, however, your surge tanks and UB cold air intakes are identical designs. Can this be explained? So maybe you guys were making them for Plazmaman then? So Alex wasn't selling you the first range of UB cold air intakes? Do you guys also have a large CNC and in house aluminium mandrel bender or is that Plazmamans facility in Wetherill Park? Sorry about the questions but if I've received misleading information it'd be good if you could clear it up for me.

Yes. Our under battery cold air intakes and the surge tanks are almost indentical...my product was copied in both cases. (do a seach on this forum and you can see who made the knock offs and who designed the product and released it first).

And yes, I have a large in house CNC vertical machining centre..(had that first too). I dont have a CNC mandrel bender though.

Kev

• Member For: 18y 3m 29d

Thanks for clearing that up mate. So without a CNC mandrel bender how did you bend the first series of the UB CAI then.

I source my CNC bent aluminium tube from another Sydney business. I have been buying from them for about 8 years now.

Kev

Edited by Process West

• Member For: 15y 3m 18d

Personally id say go the PW as the pipework looks more factory where from what ive seen

the Plazmaman seems to have shiny pipes that stand out and say defect to the Po-Po.

Plus the throttle relocation on the PW shortens the inlet tract length and tidies up the engine bay.

• Member For: 15y 8m 10d

Personally id say go the PW as the pipework looks more factory where from what ive seen

the Plazmaman seems to have shiny pipes that stand out and say defect to the Po-Po.

Plus the throttle relocation on the PW shortens the inlet tract length and tidies up the engine bay.

dude, you don't need to get the shiny pipes...you do get the option of black powdercoat, lol.