F6 310 Vs 335 Gt Raceway

cranny

• Member For: 17y 8m 10d

Also cranny when you tested the GT did you push it beyond 120k as that's around where the difference starts with it's acceleration advantage.

Up to approx that point it is a near even run.

Testing and comparing 2 cars on the street won't give a real feel unless you push them well past the posted speed limits.

The cars run near identical drive line are both torque limited in tune and built to accellerate safe enough for little old granny to drive.

We all know the potential of a tune that softens the amount of torque reduction as well it's affects.

If you are seriously deciding on what to shell out for you need to pick what is going to suit your future plans.

If you are going to up the tune the GT is the pick as it should be the stronger engine.

If you want a quick non tuned up car that is cheaper on rego and maybe running costs pick the F6.

If you want a car that you can drive at 10/10ths lap after lap on a track day pick the GT.

If you want a quite sounding car that doesn't attract attention pick the F6.

If you want a sweet sounding high revving car pick the GT.

Havnt taken much notice but what sort of 1/4 times can a standard f6 with tune only do.

Can they better the already run GS of XFT and the GT in that you tube video 1/4 times.

One other good thing is that the manual should not hurt as much with 1/4 times as the supercharger won't drop off boost at each gear change as much as the I6 do with turbos.

Cornering control should be a lot better as well with the linear power delivery.

• Member For: 19y 2m 3d

How did we know that's a GT in the video, yet alone a GT335?

THis is a New Gt335 around a race track.

And a set of M/T's of course!

For the record, what is the quiest time recorded for a F6310 with tune and M/T's over 1/4 mile?

Edited by Dagabond

• Member For: 15y 4m 16d

yep that's deff not flat out racing...NO WAY. plenty of track tests done at this early stage and the GT has allready shown it will be the new hero car for sure. Go and spend 3grand on your GS or GT and you can have over 100+RWKW gain. that's IMPRESSIVE.400RWKWS tune only OMG

you musnt forget that the power delivery of the GT is very linear and smoth..coming on very low ay 2000rpm..the F6 comes on in a violent rush...perhaps giving the perception of a more demonic ride.If that's what you want and plan to keep it stock then go for it. I know there are no tune only GTS hsvs running in the 11sec bracket...are there any F6 tune only in the 11s???? there are allready a few tune only coyotes in the 11s..even at this early stage.They are both great cars

REMEBER...NO INTERCOOLER AND SERIOUSLY DETUNED.

• Member For: 15y 3m 11d

Tune only and a set of M/Ts......

The tyres would be making a big difference.

People are running 12.8 on a stock F6 on road tyres so with a tune and some M/Ts an 11 isnt out of the question.

Most people that would take there car to the drags with a tune only run there street tyres from what ive seen.

Everytime I heard the coyote I have thoughts of trading everything I have including wife kids and kidney.

So I can get one.

It's not fair I want one.

Sounds sweet just cruising the track in that clip.

Could you imagine it wringing every bit out of it coming out of corners in a slow drift

Yanking on the wheel hard on the brakes and doing it all over again for the next corner.

• Member For: 19y 2m 3d

according to what you are saying, the tyres will need to make a 1.1 second difference? for a F6310 to run 11.7 sec's ???

Tune only and a set of M/Ts......

The tyres would be making a big difference.

People are running 12.8 on a stock F6 on road tyres so with a tune and some M/Ts an 11 isnt out of the question.

Most people that would take there car to the drags with a tune only run there street tyres from what ive seen.