F6 310 Vs 335 Gt Raceway

cranny

• Member For: 21y 2m 12d

Cranny,

What planet are you on?

You really make me laugh. The way you go about discrediting the GT in favour of the F6 makes me cringe. I love the F6 and I beleive in letting the car speak for itself.

This video is nothing more than a couple of amatuers driving like miss daisy. The guy in the GT is at least taking the racing line. The F6 is braking way too early using far less track than the car is capable of. In my opinion the F6 driver is testing acceleration out of each corner (WOT) and cant brake or corner to save his life. The guy in the Gt is driving the car better but isn't coming out of the corners anywhere near 10/10ths.

To drive a car properly around a race track you need to be prepared to sacrifice a % of your tyres and brakes to get the most out of it. 10-20 hot laps in either car will destroy 10-20% of the tyres and as much of the brakes too. These guys didn't seem to be racing in ANY way, shape or form.

If you can conclude that a the GT can't keep up with a F6 based on this video, when motoring magazines with professional drivers at the wheel say otherwise, then save it to your desktop and play it till the cows come home.

For the record a lot of these kind of drive days have rules to say you can't pass or get within 10 car lengths of the car in front. Maybe - if I was inclined to discredit the F6 - I would suggest the GT driver was frustrated by a limp F6 that kept getting within 10 car lenghts and kept making me back off?

Perspective is a wonderful thing. Lets face it. your not really in the market for a GT. Me thinks you might be trying to justify your purchase to the rest of the world?

Good luck and go the F6!!

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 6d

when motoring magazines with professional drivers at the wheel

there's an oxymoron right there. I always wonder why members can pedal a stock car to a

better time than the pros?:dontknow:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 5m

Don't think Buffy meant professional driver in that sense...but then who knows what he actually does ever mean! :lookaround:

But yeah, concur with the majority, pretty tame laps. The sound from the GT did give me a slight chubby though :blush:

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 19d

They're not getting "up it" at all. The Bloke in the GT is shifting way early and the F6 is only having a squirt on the straight. I reckon some of the members on here drive their cars harder on a spirited cruise.

Sh!t comparison

• Member For: 17y 8m 10d

Yes my mother drives harder and she's a geandma of 60yo.

As said in my earlier post just sounded like 2nd & 3rd gear.

Should added sounded like a few squirts here & there.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Sorry Guys but Motor Magazines are not pros they are a bunch of fat old idiots that are trying to hang onto there youth. the only time when we get accurate results from there mags are when they invite V8 super car drivers to do the testing AKA pros. Motor mags have ripped apart fords for years and have always favored Holden. they are good for looking at pictures and new car spy pics that's it.

qiksmurf it amazes me how quick you are to discredit the F6.

If you do happen to read the Motor magazines you will see that the F6 is still faster 80 -120 by a far way and I quote wheels magazine here the F6 IS TORQUER in the lower gears. it is funny how people can get worked up about cars they have never driven and yes I am still waiting for someone to come forward with some proof on how fast the GT really is because no one has come forward on this forum. and for a drive review to go in favour of the GTS it makes you wonder is this V8 all its cracked up to be. after all its a American motor and the F6 is aussie Built. are we heading down the same path of Expensive Daewoo with Chevy

why not close down Fords plant in Melbourne no need for it anymore we have a new hero.

• Large Member
  • Member For: 16y 18d

after all its a American motor and the F6 is aussie Built.

I thought the 5litre super motor was designed and built here? obviously im wrong :( bugger