Couple Of Questions

Slantox

• Member For: 13y 9m 20d

Hey Guys,

I've pretty much got my eyes set on an XR6T ute for my next car, hopefully something within the 06-07 range and looking to get it before Feb 2011.

I've spoken to a friend who has one and he recommended outright that I look at getting the 6speed auto gearbox as opposed to the 4speed.

Unfortunately it seems that the range of the 6 speeds in Perth isn't quite high at the moment, I took one for a test drive yesterday and loved it, but it is the only 6 speed I've seen advertised recently.

It looks as though there are quite a few more interstate so has anyone had any experience/idea of the costs involved of having the car freighted over to Perth?

Cheers :)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 8d

Dunno about delivery costs, but I would get a plane ticket over to the city, pick the car up and drive it home.

• Member For: 14y 1m 28d

I got my car put on a truck from Mackay Queensland, to Melbourne for $1000 there were a few cheaper few more expensive hope that helps took about a week I think

• Cruise Whore
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 1m 19d

Yep, if you gonna speed $20k on a T, definitely inspect if first hand. But to make the trip worthwhile, line up a several to see in the city you going to after checking out photos and contacting the owners to send you more photos. But unfortunately, the only way you going to know if the car's condition meets your satisfication is by seeing it in the flesh. Don't be afraid to ask some of us members in the Eastern states to take the additional photos for you (and even give you their opinion after seeing it in the flesh). Often we are more than willing to help out - just ask :beerchug:

• 4 weeks later...

So I've been looking around and I'm very interested in this car here:

http://www.ahgwa.com.au/Southside_Mitsubishi/detailed_vehicle_view.php?sid=1282|46273|Ford|Falcon|1282|0|10000000|2006|2009||||

33K seems way overpriced however considering there are FG's with only 20xxxKM done on them starting around 32K.

Since you guys are the experts what do you think would be a reasonable offer to make on this car? I was thinking for around 25-27.

There are heaps of 4 speed ones for sale but I've got my heart set on the ZF gearbox :P

Any advice would be appreciated :)

Edit: This car did appear for 27k at another dealership for a 10% special they were doing. I assume this dealership bought it and put the price back up, or its the same dealer network and they just transferred it to another.

Edited by Slantox

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 18d

Flying over having a look and getting it trucked back is easier and not really that much more expensive. I just bought my tornado from townsville and got it bought back to melbourne. Freight was $800 (took 5 days) and flights were $400. Hotel $120 car hire $50. did it over a weekend so didn't miss work etc. Had I of drove it back I would have missed a day or 2 of work (theres 450-500) had to pay for accommodation (another 200-250) fuel (im guessing 250-300) As you can see it nearly works out the same in the long run.

Going to go have a look at it tomorrow and see what they say.

I'm going to be doing a trade in, will see how much they offer for my current car and then compare it to what a couple of other car yards will give me.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 13d

My local Ford dealer had a 2007 ute with 32,000ks on it, and dropped the price down to $23,990 before it sold.

It was a black Rip Curl ute, hard lid. It drove very well, but they didnt offer me enough on my trade(4x4)so I didnt add it to my stable.