Fg F6 Coughing And Hesitating....

silverman

• Member For: 16y 1m 23d

Ye had mine for about 14 months and only started noticing is after I had some work done but exactly the same thing. Its cold, go to take off, hesitates then she fine. Im glad its a common issue but still for a new car to be doing that is not cool.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 24d

Hi ,

I have noticed the same thing with my FG XR6T after several weeks of owning. Fine when I first bought it -- now feels like the " accelerator cable is sticking" -- don't even know if the FG has one.

A few weeks ago I hired a FG XR6 NA for 10 days. Only 5K on the clock. --- Did the exact same thing.

I found that if I gently increased revs to about 1200 for a few seconds all fixed.

Have no idea

• Member For: 15y 5m 20d

Hi ,

I have noticed the same thing with my FG XR6T after several weeks of owning. Fine when I first bought it -- now feels like the " accelerator cable is sticking" -- don't even know if the FG has one.

A few weeks ago I hired a FG XR6 NA for 10 days. Only 5K on the clock. --- Did the exact same thing.

I found that if I gently increased revs to about 1200 for a few seconds all fixed.

Have no idea

Nah wont be a cable ford havent used em in the falcon since the AU

• Member For: 14y 3m 11d

My auto does the exact same thing. More noticable after it has been sitting at work for a couple of hours, start it up and drive for about 1-2k's to the freeway and then when I get to 100 it surges for about 5-10 seconds, every single time! I had the dealer check it out and they said nothing showed up (same answer I get with most issues). Car has done 35,000k's and I think it will just keep doing it until the day it goes. I have tried different brands of fuel and different octane ratings and it make no difference. Between this, the clunky auto, the ICC screen than winks at me every 10 minutes and the climate control vents that work when they feel like it my wifes words are ringing in my ears "it's a quick car but at the end of the day it's just a taxi!!!" :blaah:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 27d

I have an 09 FG XR6T Manual, I get the exact same symptoms and have narrowed it down to fuel, I don't want to spark any fuel wars on here but I find MY car runs the best on Caltex 98, I know Caltex insane right?

To the point where on BP and Shell 98 fuel I can get a 13 flat at Calder, yet on Caltex 98 I get around the 12.8 - 12.9. I dont even bother with Mobile 98 anymore since the time I ran a 13.5 on it!

I have no idea why this is, perhaps the car is female and has an attitude problem :roflmbo:

• Member For: 18y 9m 15d

Well I am pretty sure mine is not fuel as I have tried Shell, Caltex,BP and Mobil and makes no difference.

It does it when car has not been started for a few hours. The initial acceleration through the first few gears is hesitant but then all good. Maybe I will get Ford to plug it in the computer and see if its thrown a code. Car only has 3000kms and its done it from day one. And I dont believe the car needs to warm up when stationery for ages like the ol' Fords had to. Mine idles for 60secs,tops, in the morning and then I gently take off as most do.

Thanks for the replies.

• 1 month later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 4d

My BF does exactly the same, and always has. With the dual fuel (Orbital Liquid) system and modified exhaust the same issue seems to have become more prominent. If only Ford would have a fix for this because, AFAIK we are powerless to do anything about it. I don't even think it is possible to fix it with a tune. Then again, I may be wrong. Good to hear I am not the only one. It seems to me the car is dumping loads of fuel into the engine at start up (unburnt fuel smell) to the point where the engine cannot run properly. Annoying problem - doesn't give Ford a very good name either.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 10m 24d

It would be nice if someone knew why.

Bought my car in October 2010 - did not show symptoms till December.

Have almost put on 10K since then. Still does it when cold.

I run Caltex 98. Only 98 available for a 150 KM.