Track Setup Ba Xr8 Ute

Apes

• Hitting the apex
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 9d

No offence, but are you serious in letting it scrub like that?

Mate it only scrubs with the 20" rims on the circuit rims are 18x8 and dont scrub

I would not drive the car while it was scrubbing, dont know if you have this image in your head of me doing thousands of k's scrubbing on every corner but that is not the case. I traveled from my factory 6ks straight to the shop that sold the wheel spacers and put them straight on

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 20d

The only problem with basing your set-up on tat of a Brute Ute is that the utes run proper weld in cages that are very comprehensive - this in turn increasing the rigidity of the body and chassis - allowing the suspension to work more effectively.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

If you use a be-ute setting on these things. I would be taking it to the track and back on a trailer.

Don't matter how good you are or how slow you go, the first sprinkling of rain and you will be spending more time facing the wrong way than anything else. Any bump, ridge or camber in the road and you will be dancing with the wheel. Lowering them right down is the worst thing you can do as well. Try and keep the ride hight around 340mm. Specially with that sort of spring rate.

I don't even think my coilovers are set that high. On Mnt cotten hill climb I have to back my dampers off a fair way or it will not hold any sort of corner speed. @ QR I can firm it up a lot more. A softer rear will also help put the power down and move the weight in corners to the front outside. Which will help with mid corner speed. Having it too stiff and low and it will just lift the inside front wheel all the time.

Neg toe on the front is great for turn in, but it does not help it hold the corner speed. And expect about 6,000k's with easy road driving out of your tires.

• Member For: 16y 9m 5d

If "proper" handling is what is required........

only adequate suspension travel can give you the desired compliance, then the std XR ride height is as low as I would go.

The lower the ride height, the greater the distance between the of g and the roll centre, the greater the roll force.

• Member For: 15y 5m 12d

The only problem with basing your set-up on tat of a Brute Ute is that the utes run proper weld in cages that are very comprehensive - this in turn increasing the rigidity of the body and chassis - allowing the suspension to work more effectively.

It's only a phone call away to get some advise. These people professional and know the utes inside and out. If you pay them they will setup yous ute better than you could ever imagine.

• Forged Member
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 20d

It's only a phone call away to get some advise. These people professional and know the utes inside and out. If you pay them they will setup yous ute better than you could ever imagine.

At the risk of sounding arrogant...

<<<That picture is my workshop, I manage it, we set-up No 42 - Chris Pither's race ute, the suspension component repairs are done in my workshop for both of the Ice Break Racing Utes when they are in Sydney - yes they are commodores now, but we also previously set-up Layton Crambrook's Mother Energy racing BA ute.

Please trust me when I say that setting up a street car like a dedicated race car is optimistic at best :spoton:

Cheers

Pat