satz

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 14y 9m 6d

After a day of temps around 40 degrees (car was parked in semi shade, still farkin hot though, temp said forty freakin five) it took about 15 minutes for me to feel fine, ended up putting up to 24. I was told many years ago its a good idea to run the AC (as previously mentioned) at least once a week (even if you don`t have to/need to use it)all year round.

• Member For: 15y 8m 4d

Guys I live in one of the hottest and most humid places in this wide land of ours (near marble bar)and have an august 08 build FG XR6T and have NEVER had anything to complain about with my aircon,sometimes it takes a while to kick in but never fails to chill the car that's for sure,love it :icon_ford:

Edited by Ricks_Xr6t

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1d

It works but not well. Anyone who thinks it does needs to go take another car of a different make for a spin just to see why its not good.

If the car has been in the shadeit s ok- not great. If the car has been in the sun the system is as useless as waving my hand in front of my face.

the air coming out of the vents just does not cold enough. My mazda 3 had the best climate control I have ever felt. My current 3 series BMW is awesome compared to the ford but we thought it was sh*t when I had the mazda!

I beleived that because tge car was locally made it would be designed to cope with full on hot temps. I haven't driven the car on a genuinely hot day yet and I don't want to.

Anybody got really dark tint? does it help at all? I still want to see if we can change the compressor for a better one but not sure where to look.... any idea's??

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 18d

Unless you're going to be driving that other car regularly, comparing it to an FG is irrelevant.

If the FG A/C works to your standards, then it is good. Doesn't matter if another car works better - you won't be driving that other car.

Geddit?

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 1d

You must have something wrong with your system.

I've only really compared mine to my other car. I've never compared it to an FG so you could be right..

It's hard to compare fairly with another FG- same colour, same conditions, all I know is compared to my last car and my other car it just doesn't work very well.

-when I complain it's useless does not mean it doesn't work, it works but is unable to make the car very cold, takes forever and a day to cool it down.. some people are saying 10 minutes and more like that's normal or something! that's not good for a car built in 2010.

Maybe I should not compare the system to other cars but isn't that the measure we use for everything else?

How would I know if my car was powerful if I never drove anything else? How would I know about crappy build quality if I never touched another car? etc

I suppose as this is the car I am stuck with for the next 3 years I should stop complaining but for the money spent I really expected more.

The local car industry has ripped us all off for too long. How can a car made here to be sold here have such a crap system compared to the imported cars? Surely they knew the conditions the car would have to work in better than anyone!!!

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 18d

How would I know if my car was powerful if I never drove anything else? How would I know about crappy build quality if I never touched another car? etc

If your car has rattles and squeaks, do you really need to compare it to another car that DOESN'T to know it is poorly built?

If it goes 0-100 in 5 flat, do you need to drive something else to know if it is powerful?