How's The AC On A Hot Day?

satz

• Member For: 13y 11m 23d

My air con also takes a few seconds to start the cold air on a warm start. Could take up to 30 seconds for it to produce cold air but I have not timed it. Before the cold starts, its HOT air from the vents.

During the colder months I tried not to use the aircon at all but found it hard because of fogging windscreen issues. Its ok if I use fresh air without the aircon but hate the fumes from the outside stinking up the cabin. Now I just leave it on recirc and semi auto all the time, hot or cold, works well for me.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 13y 11m 23d

At the risk of bringing bringing what appears to be a fairly controversial thread back to the top, can anyone shed any light on the build dates potentially affected by the HIM / flap thingy issue?

My XR6T is Aug08 build, and I have to say that I have been particularly disappoiinted with the AC performance since delivery, and yes I've tried all the settings possible, including manual ("semi-auto") low setting etc etc. I've asked the dealer to look at it every service, thus far they keep saying that the gas levels etc are "within normal range" and refuse to do much else, which is annoying. Perhaps if mine might be affected by the potential fault/recall I can direct them specifically to check it? They are telling me that "they've not had any problems with FG AC", but it appears from this thread that potentially there are some dodgy ones out there?

And I promise I'm not just whinging - the old man has now had two different G6Es, both in darker colours, and they've both had waaaay better AC performance than mine, same with several XR6 renta-wrecks I've had.

Could be the temp sensor in the mirror is faulty. Have read lots about the earlier model FGs all had this issue. In most cases Ford will change the mirror. My wifes 08 G6 was parked next to my G6ET '10 There was 6 degrees difference on the readings

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 8d

Woo stop. You guys have jinxed me dammit.

Driving along yesterday, CC set to 21.5, and the right hand centre dash vent starts blowing warm air. WTF? Turned ac off and on - no help. Turned it off and put the window down. No help either - it was raining.

Got to work - left it for the day, and driving home it was fine.

Excellent. The start of an "intermittent problem"....love it.Maybe I have New Year Flappitis? :dontknow:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

Sounds like you scored one of the faulty HIMs (not the thing said on a Sunday morning) Johnny. :buttrock:

Mine has just started leaking on the left foot when taking left-handers at speed, either that or I'm just noticing it considering it's consistently been 100% humidity for the last three farkin months :banghead:

• Team Grandpa Qualified
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 8d

Sounds like you scored one of the faulty HIMs (not the thing said on a Sunday morning) Johnny. :buttrock:

I hope they have pills for that...... :shocked:

Goodness. *Dreads a trip to the Ford Workshop*

• 4 weeks later...
  • G666E Turbo!!!
  • Member For: 14y 8m 5d

well yesterday and today were farken hot as was the weekend at heathcore....

well

im not disappointed!!!!

The a/c performed well and I was comfortable, at times it could have been cooler (around idle for a while) but all in all not bad......

still going to complain to ford, after a couple of hard corners and a lot of throttle use I got water in the drivers foot well again....

just not sure how it will go when the pop the hood and see cooler pipes airbox, not that that concerns the a/c but I dont want them flashing it etc...

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 10d

Have you got the dual zone? I read somewhere that they had the most problems.

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Member For: 15y 9m 18d

Sydney has been real hot and humid the last couple of days. The A/C getting into a car that's been in the sun all day has worked fine. I've deliberately not opened the windows and checked ho long it takes to cool to an acceptable temperature. It's about 20 mins. I am asking them to check the gas at the service tomorrow anyway. All car AC really struggles at 40 degrees.