How's The AC On A Hot Day?

satz

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 25d

The thing you moaners need to consider is it's all about fuel efficiency these days for car manufacturers. The climate control is designed to use minimal a/c compressor time and compensates for it with a higher air flow.

If it's not cold enough turn the temperature down, if it's blowing too hard then turn the fan down. And also don't be afraid to use higher gearing to get the temp down faster inside a hot cabin. The auto FGs barely sit at more than an idle under normal driving so the compressor is hardly moving, whack it in performance mode or lock it in to a lower gear and you'll be freezing your nuts off in no time.

:stirthepot:

After reading the majority of the posts in this topic it seems"TAB" its impossible to freeze your nuts of in an FG. Glad Ive got BAs and BFs.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 14y 9m 5d

what difference does it really make if you have 20 on the display instead of 22?

It means the car with the higher temp on the display, will be able to cool the cabin quicker, maintain the temp better and has the ability to go even cooler.

Car with 20 on the display, occupants finding it a bit warm, want it cooler, turn it down 3 clicks to LOW.

Car with 22 does the same and reads 19 on the display.

Still not cool enough.

Car with LOW can't get any cooler.

Car with 19 still has more adjustment to be able to get cooler.

BTW the manual override in the Ford is just as functional as the Accord Euro.

Sorry, disagree.

With the Euro you can set the compressor to be always on, so it will always be blowing cold air.

With the FG in semi-auto mode, it'll be blowing cool air one minute then the compressor decides to switch itself off then blow out ambient air......WTF.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

If you own an FG you set the ICC to auto and keep reducing the temperature until its comfortable. If it reads low and your still not cool enough , its time to buy a car with a decent A/C.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 27d

Ahh great...now we've got the fools with absolutely no first-hand experience jumping on the bandwagon. :roflmbo:

Prudent if you are setting your climate to "LOW" and it's not cool enough then there's something wrong with it and you need to get it looked at. If it's functioning correctly you'd end up with hypothermia leaving it on that setting all the time.

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members

Ahh great...now we've got the fools with absolutely no first-hand experience jumping on the bandwagon. :turboboink:

Prudent if you are setting your climate to "LOW" and it's not cool enough then there's something wrong with it and you need to get it looked at. If it's functioning correctly you'd end up with hypothermia leaving it on that setting all the time.

My wife has an FG company car. Its 38 in Perth at the moment and we just went for a 20 min drive with the aircond on max cold and its barely adequate. I give it two thumbs down.

Edited by arronm

• Member For: 14y 9m 6d

If it reads low and your still not cool enough , its time to buy a car with a decent A/C.

So if there is a problem with it, instead of getting it looked at (under warranty) you just buy a new car ????????

Interesting concept

My wife's back is paling up, should I get a new wife ?

Some ppl have more money than sense !

• Member For: 21y 1m 15d

The AC in my new G6ET did not work from day 1.(well done :innocent: ) Anyway they replaced the Condenser/compressor (cant remember). I now have cool air but the following problems

1)Poping noise coming from arm rest/gear sh*tft area. It happens randomly while driving but I have heard it when I turn the car off

2)When going around a corner, I've felt water drip on my leg, so stupid thing has a leak

Anyone know what number 1) could be