• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 21d

mine was sh*t but then went faulty and had the vent flaps replaced under warranty (they broke)

after that was still sh*t, so got my old man (industrial fridgy) to regas it, was a little better.

I think its the climate control, if you set it to low it seems to come out ok, and then if you set to recirculate it works even better

• Member For: 16y 7m 21d

One of the main points I remember when going to FG training was how good the new AC system is compared to BF. I reckon its sh*t and we have had more problems with HIMs,shafts and vent door flaps than any other model. 3 main things that affect the unlucky people are.... The HIM over winds,twists the shaft and then the door flaps dont sit all the way home,causing a little heated air to mix with the air con. The flaps break due to being too tight on the shaft and also from the him over winding. Not enough gas from factory is the other. They actually have a recall out on HIMs in the Territorys and FG range,within a certain build date,with revised hims being fitted.

• I love gooold member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 18d

I can honestly say in 2 years I have had no cause for complaint other than the stupid ambient temp gauge. Air con is fine. And my car is black!

• Member For: 13y 11m 23d

Its the stupid AUTO climate control.

If you could manually turn the AC on and leave it on, I don't think many find it will have problems cooling.

In mine, you can hear the compressor turning off and staying off, when I want it cooler.

If it thinks cabin temperature is sufficient it will cycle the compressor, and there's nothing you can do the switch the compressor back on to start cooling.

WE NEED MANUAL AC CONTROLS BACK FORD!

I Agree

• Member For: 14y 9m 5d

prudent, if you turn the temp setting down, doesn't that cause the Climate control to cycle ON more frequently?

cheers

S

It does, but the compressor will turn off when I want it cooler.

In LOW, the compressor should always be running and blowing out the coldest possible air at all times IMO.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 24d

I put mine on the lowest temp with recurculated air and it is ALWAYS cold. I then change the fan speed depending on how hot it is outside. if it's really hot, then mid to high range fan speed does the trick, if it's a little warm with direct sunlight, mid to low fan speed and lowest fan speed when it's warm with no direct sunlight. I think "climate control" is rubbish hence my own manual method. Note: I never have the vents directed at me as I don't like the cold air hitting me, I simply point both the middle ones down the centre and the side ones facing the window, this way the ambient air temperature is controlled.

• Member For: 17y 6m 4d

We have just sold our G6ET and one of the biggest complaints about the car is the air conditioning.

At the lowest setting it was "ok" driving to work at 7:30am, but if you turned it up to 20 degrees it was as if the heater was turned on.

• Member For: 18y 6m 8d

Harryh, does that mean u have to use recirc all the time to get decently cool air?

This is worrying me, as I was nevef happy with the cc on my mazda and was hoping a local car would have good ac.

:(