Just Drove The New 335 Gt Supercharged

cranny

• Member For: 14y 6m 15d

Sold our first GS the day it came in. Sunburst auto sedan. These are damn popular! Another GS just got off a truck, edge manual sedan. Looks awesome!

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

After seeing Simon at XFT's 333rwkw result from a stocker with 60kms on the odo, I'm inclined to think we'll see 11's with slicks and an auto.

If these don't sell I'll be very surprised!

Who here really believes that ford (or any other manufacturer) doesn’t drop special tunes into their press cars? Hell Subaru did it to the first wrx's (until some one put a boost meter on the pres car and saw the extra boost). There is evidence they did it to the FG xr6 turbo's and there is suspicions that Expensive Daewoo do the same. that's why I dont believe the media on these issues (besides the effect of advertising dollars).

I think I get a heap more value out of Crannys review (and those like them). Maybe it is a bit faster, but if it doesnt feel it, I'd be disappointed. I love the turbo because of the boost kick, I can get that feeling and still drive within the speed limit - it just needs a v8 sound track).

I'll always remember my first test drive in a fg xr6 turbo - that was mucho impressive (coming from a much slower car). I dont think I'll get that same feeling going from xr6t (tuned) to a GS - even it was also tuned - and certainly not for a $40,000 change over.

Will I buy a GS? probably, but not untill the current car is up for replacement (and I have experienced what $5k upgrading the v8 feels like - I couldn’t go backwards).

Thanks for the review

Edited by rockafellqeinstien

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

Who here really believes that ford (or any other manufacturer) doesn’t drop special tunes into their press cars?

I do - but then again I signed off on every press car before it left the plant.

Lets think this through logically (at least for me). Why would Ford risk a higher output on a press car that could lead to catastrophic failure. Ford does a durability cycle on the variants in the guise that they will be sold. This takes over 12-18 months depending on program scale and obviously costs $. Why would they they bother doing this twice for smoke and mirrors?

Have these high power claims sold any more magazines?

• Mmmmm......BOOST
  • Member For: 17y 4m 28d

honestly think it was just a goose at the mag that thought 350rwkw sounds better than 350rwhp which is probably what it makes.

As others said it's a ford and a sensational piece of engineering for what you pay ,I wouldn't bitch if one was in my shed but I wouldn't sell the BF 6T though.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Simon's dyno run of 333rwkw was on a customer car I think - he added a very brief custom tune to it, can't do that if the car isn't yours surely? Unless Ford now sanction tuners playing with press cars :nono:

• Member For: 19y 2m 3d

Just got back from a test drove in the new GT335 ZF, from a standstill with 1st selected in sportmode, spun wheels hard all the way through the first 2 gears! Very impressed to say the least. Felt easily faster the a F6310, no comparision against the GT315! FPV well done. All we need now is some decent wide rims, tweak the supsension and we had a Legend in the making.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 25d

Good stuff, sure it went quick spinning the wheels in the first 2 gears !!!

Have you driven a F6 310 properly ?? Cos turbo cars feel better than SC cars anyway, just a thought.