Just Drove The New 335 Gt Supercharged

cranny

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

I've been saying for 12 months that the 8 makes my tuned turbo feel slouchy, and now that they've been released I'm going to be giving Mick at Pit Lane a ring about maxing out my stock turbo so my pen*s can feel big again :roflmbo:

That said I have had some close ones with managers in GTs down sydney road (that's ford's private road - yeah, definitely private :roflmbo:)

Edited by bunna

• Just a large member member
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 8d

I'm on crannys side..I understand you mate...Some people on here need to grow up....

I own an fg xr6t....And I think what he is trying to tell you blokes.. well the ones that are special and that's most of them...

When I had my fg tuned it felt slower even though it was making more power..as the new tune wasn't trying to put all its power down at once..and didnt feel it was going to tear up the ashfelt..So feeling faster doesn't mean its faster..see cranny I'm on your side buddieshutup.gif .........Cheers rootster..beerchug.gif

• Member For: 19y 2m 3d

Yes, I Have driven many F6 310's Loved the sound of an angry sounding superchager when revved hard!! nothing wrong with supercharged cars, just different power deliveries. Definately worthy of the GT name.

Good stuff, sure it went quick spinning the wheels in the first 2 gears !!!

Have you driven a F6 310 properly ?? Cos turbo cars feel better than SC cars anyway, just a thought.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 11d

Just had a drive of a 335 and I'm impressed, had an RDO with nuthin better to do so I went and visited a couple of dealerships to look at a couple of different models I've short listed.

Extremely tight precise and power anywhere you want it, I haven't driven an F6 so I cant compare the FG's but it's a world apart from the BA/BF.

Cant go past that aural delight when giving it a boot full(and your up in loss of licence territory before you realise it :bangcomputer: @ looking @ the speedo) that whine and burble eliminates the prospect of a tractor sounding F6 straight away for me, even if it is a poofteenth quicker.

Tried to hit me for 63K drive away on a GS but given I still have a couple of months to go on the current lease I had a good out.

Went to another dealership to have a look at a car I saw on carsales for a decent price with 35,000K's on it. With just a quick glance over the outside it all looked pretty hunky dorry, I was more interested in the interior as I hadnt sat in one, which was up to par for the model.

At this stage the salesman started his speal but I caught him short and told him I had already owned one and pretty much knew anything he could tell me about it. He then grabbed the previous owners details out of the glove box and this is where the alarm bells went off, the car was previously registered to a panelshop.

Now call me paranoid but the first thing that went through my mind was rebirth or repaired vehicle, that with the fact that his next sentence was that the tyres were bald and will be replaced just topped it off and I walked as quick as I could. But I'm still not sure whether I'm just being overly paranoid or not.

Is it legal to take the previous owners details and contact them about the car?

Being a bodyshop would you trust anything they said about it....

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Should be some great price wars around the middle of next year me thinks.

I locked in @ 5.8% on my chat mort. I have eighteen months to go :( .... I don't think it's worth getting out of that deal.

I guess I would want to play with it anyway. So warrenty is usless to me. (and most ford owners lol)

What is that with the off white/cream/beige only headlining ???? Vill Ve all shall be dwiving only white fords next year... So ze directors can have their xmas party in the maldives.

You would think FPV would take the simple step of giving a choice of colours in the roof lining for the exclusivity, and one step away from a falcon, of it.

What if they do release the XR8, and then the only dif between it and the GS will be a few dials and badges. The GS is good... but its an SS not an R8 for mine and should be priced accordingly. Thier gouging there.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Think you better go look at an R8 Is it exactly the same as an SS. Does it look at all like an SS. fair dinkum. Seen the discounts HSV are offering. Big lose...........er

Edited by XR09
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Member For: 21y 2m 12d

To the OP - I call BS!!

I have been a passenger in a GT 335 and all I can say is that it will slaughter your BF. It will embarrass a GT 315.

Most of your 'experience' just doesn't add up. EVERY review of this car has expressed how great the exhaust note is. It is also impossible NOT no break traction in 1st and second @ WOT with the skinny rubber on the these cars.

Also, you said the car had 5000km on the clock...BS - there is not a demo in Australia that clocked up that many KM.

You say your stock BF F6 felt quicker. Absolute BS. I had a BF F6 and the FG XR6 is quicker. The FG is soooooo far ahead of the BA/BF that it doesn't deserve comparison.

So either you drove a complete DUD or ......your whole story is complete BS.

No offence to anyone on here with a B series Typhoon (I've owned 2 so I know how good they go) but I would bet pink slips that a stock GT 335 will eat a stock Typhoon.

One last question - are you really HULK_BA in another guisse?