Just Drove The New 335 Gt Supercharged

cranny

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 5d

Hey Guys,

Just got my First Drive of the new GT at peter Warren Sydney.(ZF Auto Nitro Blue)

the first thing I noticed was the steering has improved and the suspension is firmer.

when we finally found a back street (private Road) I opened her up it was fast but not that fast now I currently own a stock bf f6 typhoon Zf auto and to be honest the f6 still felt faster. I was very disappointed actually and now I am in two minds, do I get the fg f6 or the 335 GT.

Apparenty Street Fords Magazine tested it and it punched out 350 Rwkw this car felt slower than my f6 with only 235rwkw. my mate who came with me said the same thing.

it didnt even break traction. (I hammered it from every situation)

whats going on ford this new off its head super car felt like a bit of a dud. not to mention how quiet and un v8 like it sounded please can some one tell me I am wrong I really wanted this car to be a hsv eating machine but I think that job is now left up to the all glorious F6.

one last question does the fG F6 manual come with launch control & do the f6 manuals still get the twin plate ap racing clutch.

please comments I want to be sold on either the GT or the F6 who still wears the crown

Cheers

Cranny

I dont know how street ford punched out 350rwkw out of a stock 335GT. Maybe at the flywheel not def not at the rears..

as it has been said, dont worry about how the power feels, the v8 and turbo engine deliver power very differently. just because it feels quicker doesnt always mean it is.

• Member For: 17y 8m 11d

So what's the price difference approx 5-6 GT to f6 and less for than that for a GS.

If happy not to tune for big power and keep standard get cheaper car go f6, on the street there will be nothing in the performance except illegally down a highway or climbing a mountain road. Other than that on a race track would be the only legal spot the coyote will beat the F6.

The fpv range is so close in performance that any could win a race pending which driver is the better and doesn't make any mistakes.

Eg grandma driving the GT and Courtney the f6.

If I had the money to spend I would choose the GT even if it actually was the slower car and is 5k dearer because of it's engine design and quality.

If you havnt seen kpm's thread on their GT tune package you need go have a read. (have tissues ready all who think and believe the i6 is king).

They are still testing and so far have well over 400rwkw with no boost increase tune only out of it.

Also they are putting a 3 year warranty on it as well.

This power and reliability can not be achieved by a standard boost tune only i6. Prove me wrong.

As I said before the coyote is a strong base to build power on.

Steel crank

Shorter better balanced crank

Forged rods

Engine block heads same expansion rate as made from same material

Closer cylinder temps front to rear of engine due to shorter length, 2 less in length

Fuel air ratios closer due to cylinder temps being closer

8 ignitions per crank revalution makes for smoother running

Velocityxr6t

The GT makes more torque 570 to f6 565

I have owned many ford 6 and 8's favoured the clevo for many years until the BA xr6t was released and I seen what people where getting out of them at same time keeping them fuel efficient and drivable.

The power to Eco was not possible from the clevo so I sold my xy GT rep and went the turbo 6 path.

I know when something has been out performed so I follow that path except I will never

Buy a gm/gmh product though. I would stay with a earlier ford till ford make a better product.

At this point of time I want a GT as it is the best ford to buy.

It is also very well priced to it's rivals.

Mine you if ford release the next model with intercooling and other stronger driveline upgrades then this current GT will be beat.

Always wanted a genuine GT but only if it really out performed the current ford range as well as past examples as this new coyote does not like the sticker & body kitted BA-FG gt's

Seriously if you can afford 66k why would you not spent a extra 5-6k for a better product.

• Member For: 21y 1m 19d

The only thing that is borking me is the pricing. I don't know what everyone else has been told but I was quoted 62K for a GS with no options. That's essentially an FG XR8 with a blown 5L. If you want leather, colour screen and dual zone I was told 67k. This seems a bit much seeing you can get an F6 with the lot including Brembos for 70K. My XR has every option other than Brembos and SatNav and it cost me 55k 2.5 years ago.

Love the new Blown 5L but I can't see the value in one yet.

Benny

Benny buy a ex demo if the price concerns you.

Does not matter if new or ex demo as soon as you drive it out there driveway they will be of same value.

Research everything before you make a purchase and make sure it's what you are going to be happy with.

A GT is very hard to beat for grin value especially one that is better then the rest of the ford range.

People have owned early GT's for a reason, there is no where near the following for a f6 or Xr.

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 6d

People have owned early GT's for a reason, there is no where near the following for a f6 or Xr.

From what I understand approx 70% of FPV purchases are V8's.

Will they never learn :yes-sir:

No cause the i6 is in the same class as a v12 and it has a turbo and it is the best motor in the world.

Next they will be saying the f6 can beat a veyron because it's a better balanced engine and has a bugger turbo.

Sorry don't mean to be a smart ass but come on amitt what is real and don't live in dream land.

Winstor the whole purpose of the GS is to be a in between of the GT which it fills perfectly.

Yes would be nice to have the same GT f6 or GT-e kit but then it would be the better bfyb then the GT.

Maybe it should have the fpv kit and loose the blower with a slight more sport tune than xr8.

I'm sure ford gave done there home work to market compartment and that's why it is as it is.

Imagine the gts guy who mistakes it as just a xr8 he will be so disappointed a xr8 just toasted him.

If I purchased the GS I would either rebadge it as xr8 or debadge it so to keep them guessing.

However it would be hard to hide that sc whine.