Just Drove The New 335 Gt Supercharged

cranny

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m

Na that's stupid !! How the hell can people say its got roughly 335 at the engine (obviously give or take 10%) but making 335rwkw is just dumb !!!! And if they do make that much power then clearly they need to work on delivery because 335 - 350rwkw is atleast under 12 seconds and that havn't shown even close to that !!

Best time I've seen was Street Fords, manual, 12.9. The car that ran the awfully high figures.

• Member For: 15y 7m 1d

just for giggles here but im sure that they ran the gt down at the drags did the 12's and then put on one dyno, got serioulsy huge numbers and then went to another completly different dyno and got similar figures...

its seems that people these days care way too much about dyno sheets/figures. its about results people and this sucker produces awsome results....

p.s this was in a manual so higher dyno figures normally over autos and normally lower time slips at drags.... cant wait to see what a setup auto will do.. my bests are close to low 12's stock...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 25d

I'm sure the GT will be a great car but all I'm saying is theres no way that it can produce that much power with a 12.9 best time slip. It's not hard to juice dyno figures either but I'd like to see some comparos on different cars on different dynos. If Ford's stated the power is 335kw at the engine then theres absolutely no way there should be a 90kw difference and read 350kw at the wheels !

Guest XR09
  • Guests

dontknow.gif 350rwkw roflmbo.gif I seriously don't know what a ZF sap's from the total output. But even at 20% it's gotta have 420 ATC 3gears.gif

With that rear end is it no wonder it has been tuned for a smooth linear power delievery. It will be an awsome car. It is an awsome car. It will flog the GTS with a little suspension tuning.

Have any in the US failed yet ? You would have to be a brave man to tinker with a new motor and void your warrenty when it has not really been proven yet.

If I was getting it tuned I would have my Mr Ford service manager on my Xmas card list.

I hope to god they are the ducks guts. I will be happy with a cheap F6 in twelve months time. avatar6357_1.gif

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 26d

I wonder if it has the complimentary driveline shunt and usual howling diff issues?

Uprated Ford suspension has as much credibility as Holdens FE2 or FE3 setup;, in effect bugger all.

I hope it beats the crap out of the HSV but ford don't deserve to sell it if they have left the same crappy rear end there.

• Member For: 21y 7m 9d

You blokes are forever cought up in power wars who cares how much it makes its how it makes it, maximum power my ba Turbo made on the Nizpro dyno was 346kw but it had 100 kw more at 120kph than any other customer of theirs with the sane car on the same dyno and ran 10.80 @ 128 3 Years ago . My point is get a stally diff gears tune etc etc and make 30 kw less on the dyno due to stally diff gears but would still eat the standard gt. GET OVER THE POWER IT MAKES WHO CARES.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 2m 25d

Yeh we know that mate, not what we are talking about here though. If it's still made that much power its a ridiculous number and not really believable at all. Hence why people are trying to figure out what the hells going on. that's all :) .

• Member For: 16y 3m 4d

ford always start off motors detuned/less powerful. I garentee the next model will say boss 350 or more on the bonnet. they will get stronger and faster over time. im sure a $500 custom tune alone will make it a hell of alot more agressive. its a factory car so it has to appeal to everyone, cant wait for the power kits to start coming out.