Just Drove The New 335 Gt Supercharged

cranny

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 27d

Hey Guys,

Just got my First Drive of the new GT at peter Warren Sydney.(ZF Auto Nitro Blue)

the first thing I noticed was the steering has improved and the suspension is firmer.

when we finally found a back street (private Road) I opened her up it was fast but not that fast now I currently own a stock bf f6 typhoon Zf auto and to be honest the f6 still felt faster. I was very disappointed actually and now I am in two minds, do I get the fg f6 or the 335 GT.

Apparenty Street Fords Magazine tested it and it punched out 350 Rwkw this car felt slower than my f6 with only 235rwkw. my mate who came with me said the same thing.

it didnt even break traction. (I hammered it from every situation)

whats going on ford this new off its head super car felt like a bit of a dud. not to mention how quiet and un v8 like it sounded please can some one tell me I am wrong I really wanted this car to be a hsv eating machine but I think that job is now left up to the all glorious F6.

one last question does the fG F6 manual come with launch control & do the f6 manuals still get the twin plate ap racing clutch.

please comments I want to be sold on either the GT or the F6 who still wears the crown

Cheers

Cranny

• Like 1

• Im the one and only
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 8m 17d

Think you must of had a dud. :beerchug: Most of the comparisons show the GT to be quicker than the FG F6 and HSV.I dont think your BF F6 is up to the challenge. :buttrock:

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d

the bum-o-meter is not a good way to see if a car is faster or not.

Any SC car's power delivery will be more linear than a turbo. Also a new car will always feel tighter. My car had 17,000km on it and it is only just loosening up.

As for launch control, all manual FG turbos have LC.\ including FPV.

• Member For: 19y 2m 2d

So lets get this right? YOu are making a comparison between your stock BF TYphoon vs the GT 335. The FG XR6 turbo is faster than your BF Typhoon. So I dont know how you come up with the GT 335 being slower??

Edited by FUTURA4L

• Donating Members

Well I have driven both Cars so yeah that kind of entitles me to make a comparison I would assume. my Bf managed to run 13.0 flat by the way and wheels, Motor and Top gear only managed mid 13s so technically my Typhoon is quicker.

Fellows in all fairness I love fords and I have owned nearly every good car they have brought out I have owned the Ba Turbo the Bf Turbo and now the Bf Typhoon. I really wanted to this thing to blow me away and it didnt I have been in plenty of my mates Turbos that have over 300rwkw and these things are weapons as we all know. this car struggled to break traction for F sake something my BF does on a daily basis. if you read drives new Review they pick the HSV over the GT which now having driven it makes sense the Fg f6 feels lighter on its feet feels faster has more tuning capabilities.(if you read the new wheels mag f6 is still quicker 80-120 and from all drop down situations) Wheels qoute in the review F6 still has more toruqe than both GT and GTS that is a straight quote. when ford built the first Xr6 Turbo they unleashed a monster and there arnt many engines that will step up to the challnge and best of all its australian made.

and I know I sound critical but I was genuinly going to by this car I was so excited about the first test drive only to be let down. the car had (5000 Kms)

the Drive Review FPV GT versus HSV GTS

• Member For: 15y 3m 3d

Mate I had a similar experience when the VE GTS first came out. At the time I had my old VY SS wagon that had a baby cammed LS1 making 260rwkw. The GTS was a massive let down for me as everything on teh car felt so soft compared to my VY it felt slow and doughy and wallowy (?) :) I left that test drive very happy to keep mt VY and very dissapointed inthe "you bute" new GTS that everyone was tossing off over.

• Donating Members

Thanks guys for your honest comments, that's what forums are about workshoping ideas and passing on experiences and that's just all I am doing I cant wait untill somebody buys one and runs it down the 1/4 so we can get a accurate figure.

• Member For: 19y 2m 2d

Roy from street Fords Magazine run a New Manual GT 335 down the quarter 20-10-10 with a best of 12.92@113.99mph with a lazy 2.141 60ft. So do you really want to continue stating that your stock ZF is and will be faster than a BF Typhoon? How many kms did the GT 335 have on the clock? Note that this GT 335 might have been very tight, give it a few extra 100's km, this engine will loosing up and provide some better results. your thoughts?

Well I have driven both Cars so yeah that kind of entitles me to make a comparison I would assume. my Bf managed to run 13.0 flat by the way and wheels, Motor and Top gear only managed mid 13s so technically my Typhoon is quicker.